SAU Community

Old Farts Movin In

FineLine

Hey old man, welcome!

"I spent my younger years Cruisin, clubbin..." disco dancing? Don't leave that one out :(

mate, there's a few of us on SAU that are 'older'.

I remember all of the above events. my first car was a 75 Torana sl 3300. built like a tank, was a great 1st car!

good luck with the 33.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the forums Noel :)

I also remember the "good times" in Australian motor sport, before it became very boring :)

There is a dyno day on Saturday 24th Feb at All Star. Details here. You are more then welcome to come along and spectate, have a snag and a drink or two and meet some fellow SAu'ers.

Hope to see you there :(

Yes welcome to the forums Like everyone said we meet every tuesday for dinner (the places move around, but have a look in the events section for details). Come along and meet the regular crew and we can give you some pointers to get you in and happy in a 33 rather quickly :happy:

Yes welcome to the forums Like everyone said we meet every tuesday for dinner (the places move around, but have a look in the events section for details). Come along and meet the regular crew and we can give you some pointers to get you in and happy in a 33 rather quickly :huh:

Thanx for the welcome all. Looks like I am gonna be the proud owner of this black beauty. vewry clean straight car with some of the mods i already wanted. couple of minor marks but nothing serious.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/in...=132413&hl=

Dont you mean a R33 GTST hahahah :laugh: Welcome to SAU. :P Good luck with your purchase.

Now listen here you young vagabonds. Iffin yall gonna keep correctin me like this I might just have to show you the back of my hand. :P

Well I knew what I meant even if you didnt. so just for you GTST. Happy now.? :huh:

Edited by Silver Dingo

haha man you remind me of one of my workmates. The elderly are allways so testy, seems they have something to be defensive about.

Id be careful about threatening youth of today with violence old man, dont you know? Were all wired up with drugs and could snap at any time.

haha man you remind me of one of my workmates. The elderly are allways so testy, seems they have something to be defensive about.

Id be careful about threatening youth of today with violence old man, dont you know? Were all wired up with drugs and could snap at any time.

Dont tell me bout drugs. I know drugs. I take metemucil and mogadon every day. Keep this up and i will poke out your eye with my walkin frame. :huh:

Edited by Silver Dingo

Best of luck with that, I think you will find that at a brisk walk I will be just too hard to catch up to.

Prehaps it would be easier if you sat down and watched some daytime tv instead, or even better, moved into one of thoes lovely retirement homes. Dinners at 7, lights out at 10. :huh:

Oh welcome to the club btw...

well if you pm elite 32 I am sure he wouldn't have too many issues checking the car over for you and let you know how mechanically sound the car before purchasing it. Others here have tried RACQ inspections but still ran into issues, but dan is normally right on the money when it comes to skylines :huh:

well if you pm elite 32 I am sure he wouldn't have too many issues checking the car over for you and let you know how mechanically sound the car before purchasing it. Others here have tried RACQ inspections but still ran into issues, but dan is normally right on the money when it comes to skylines :huh:

Thanx bloke. Already got it taken care of. Mark at Tony Motsons is my man. Very experienced line tuner and loves a fast car to boot. We have already mapped a programme to put me where i want to be horsepower and suspension wise. However, I will not be proceeding with the extra mods until I have seen and spoken to a few more line owners with similar setups, Hence my eagerness to get to know yall and your cars.