SAU Community

Remove Those Bubbles In Your R32 Dash

ali-turko

Guys heres the reply instead of linking back:-

"ok, pics will follow when i have time, permanent fix requires:

removal of glove box. there you can see the plastic backing of the dashboard. drill a small hole in the middle behind the bubble dont go through the front! and 2 smaller ones at each end of the buble.

use some expanding foam to fill the middle hole and continue until it comes out both lttle holes. clamp and leave overnight.

superglue doesnt work as the foam backing of the dash absorbs it and goes hard, also liquid nails is too thick to spread inside the hole.

caution if you heat it slightly when you put the foam behind as mine started expanding outover until i clamped it lol.

mines all mupy now due to the superglue but its now stuck in place with the foam and if i had done that first i would be more than happy lol.

will get pics up soon. "

I'll be trying this later in the week with before and after photos for everyones inspection :P

did you get a chance to try this, any pics?

• 1 month later...

I can confirm that expanding foam works well. The bubble holds good, only thing is you will need something in the shape of the dash clamped against it.

Other wise it turns out a little shotty, i did mine, but going to redo it again.

Either that or mount some guages over the top of it to hide the bubbles.

TOne.

• 2 weeks later...

used the heat gun today. seems to be holding for the time being. i'm scared of drilling holes in my car but i guess it'll come down to it if the bubble pops back up. pretty stoked for the moment tho cuz that bubble has been shitting me since i bought the car.

• 3 years later...

I know that I am resurrecting an old post here, but has anyone had any long term success with fixing their dash/removing bubbles??

Has anyone had a professional remove the bubbles?? If so, how long did it take, rough price etc??

• 1 month later...

what bubble are you guys talking about...

I see some varicose vein like things on my dash but that's it..

It's a bubble(s) that forms when the top layer of meterial covering the dash lifts off... Most likely caused by heat and moisture, It's not a factory feature ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...