SAU Community

Please Help!

AMS

Hey all

Ok so a couple of things...

1. I'm going to attempt to reformat my computer

2. I cant seem to get my network working properly

Here goes. Aiight so I have windows xp (which I downloaded, shoosh) and I want to reformat my computer. Is it ok if I simply right click on the C: drive and say reformat? Is there another way I should be doing it? Will it retain my windows xp drivers? Or will they have to be re-installed?

Also. I have a network here at home with a couple of computers on it. I want to back up some stuff before I format and I cant seem to access the others? Like in network places it just comes up blank. Any suggestions? Also, I can see my computer on the others - but when I click on it it comes up wanting a pass word. I dont have a password, wtf

Please help

Cheers

You cant right click c:\ and do a format because most likely you will have the operating system on it so it wont let you

It would probably be best booting from the XP CD and format it, choose the NTFS option. Dont worry its all menu driven just back up your stuff before you do it. From the menus it will let you install XP too. Just download drivers or your network card drivers at least so you can hook up to the internet to download other drivers, I've made that mistake once lol

For your home network since its only two computers install the IPX/SPX network protocol on both PCs so you dont have to configure anything. Share out the C:\ on both computers and you should be able to see it in network neighbourhood