SAU Community

speaker rewiring..

hippy

ok i cannot figure out how to rewire the side door speakers ... how do u get to the loom which the original wires use?? or do i just forget about that?? what do i do?? i spent ages and ages trying to figure out how to get there :D taking half the car apart

:D

you need to pull the whole door panel off. the speakers may be that odd size 5x4 rectangle size if so you will need to may some mdf pods to go in there unless your replacing the same size. connect them up the same wires that the old speakers use unless running from an amp the you will have to run complete ne wires from the doors to the amp.

hope it helps a bit

cya

No no Hippy, don't take out the glovebox. All you need to take off are the door panels to run a coat hanger thru the rubber gommet. Do this once and you'll realise how simple the job is. If you're not running an amp and assuming that your existing wires are not frayed, changing the wires won't help your sound environment at all. If you're running amps and 6" components up front of 30RMS or more per side, then changing the wires to thicker guage will make a noticeable difference.

well i made the spacers .. and its a bit dodgy but hey it works ... i'm just finishing it so that there are no air holes or leaks anywhere .. should be all connected tomorrow ... can't wait :(

DOOF DOOF DOOF hehehee