SAU Community

Darwin Skylines

Ryu

Hey dudes,

Been in darwin for a few years now. Finally got myself a skyline 6 months ago. Haven't had many problems with her and am planning on a few more upgrades in about a month. Opinions on who would be best to tune up my car- HI-TECH, JSM or REV IT UP. Any other suggestions for places would be good too.

If anyone is going out cruising this weekend please post where and when, most likely i'll be cruising down to TC and TDZ. See you all down there.......

Welcome Ryu (Hadoken)

Alot of members have certain alliances with certain workshops but, my favourite would be Dave @ Hi Tech Tuning as he as worked on my last 2 Skylines and I've had no problems.

Dr Drift who is a well known tuner will be coming up here soon (check with RBNT for exact dates) to do some tuning at Hi Tech and JSM so, I would recommened you get your car tuned by him once the dates are finalised.

Cheers.

Edited by JUN R33

Hi Ryu

what skyline did you end up getting?

i do most of the work on my line with the help of my old man. if i ever get sick of it or gon't have the time i always take it to Dave. plus he knows my old man so thats a bonus. Dave always looks after me so i'll always go back.

Dave has taken care of all my cars (about 15 of them), all turbo's, all imports. I am running around in an Autech wagon at the moment so technically not a Skyline but pretty close. Dave rebuilt the motor for me and its a sweet thing. Dave gets a big thumbs up from me. For your own peace of mind shop around and see what you can find.

Cheers,

Ken

Thanks everyone for your opinions and thoughts, will look into it a bit more. Have spoken to Dave quite a few times in the past and have confidence that he is switched on when it comes to imports. Am currently sourcing a new turbo, injectors, pump, coilpacks, clutch, apexi pfc and associated hardware. Will be doing most of it myself, with the help of my mates (mostly mechanics). One problem i have at the moment is deciding if i should go new turbo, manifold and external wastegate or get a larger bolt-on turbo with internal wastegate. I know external is better in the long run, but only want to spend about $5-6,000 on parts and tuning. Any info or opinons are greatly appreciated. Ryu.

really depends what your goals for the car are. the stock manifolds are pretty good and unless your chassing huge numbers your better of spending money elsewhere. the sliding proformance turbos are an awsome upgrade as well.

best bet would be just do some searching on here this site has to be one of the best resources there is when it comes to anything skyline.

• 1 month later...

I have been to HTT and theyre fine in my books. a friend of mine recently took his supra to REVITUP and he said they were good as well. Horses for courses man.

Probably be best if you stay away from TDZ. You'll instantly get branded a hoon if you get spotted by the boys in khaki.

• 1 month later...

Hi dudes,

I am not in Darwin, but my bro is.

He drives the champagne coloured Nissan Laurel. plates DVL07.

He's in the army, hes a mad dude, you will most often see him on hidden valley sliding around the corners.

Peace.