SAU Community

What Suspension Setup, Body Parts N Exhaust Do You Use On Your Car ?

Halo a

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HSD HR is OK for street, seems to work well for drift, not sure about circuit. But you can get much much better than HSD, they are a cheap coilover aimed at a price bracket, so they will skimp on things to meet this bracket. Same with all cheap coilovers/shocks.

so which cheapie coilovers do u recommend ?

Thnaks

so which cheapie coilovers do u recommend ?

Thnaks

Just dont do it man hey. The bilstein stuff isnt THAT much more, and it will work better, last longer and therefore cost you less in the long run.

Trust me I've been there done that, spent almost $2k on coilover rebuilds, different springs etc etc. If you can do it once properly do it.

BTW, you can get the bilsteins kind of like a coilover. You get the coilover things that go around the shock, then just get the springs to suit. But it would probably cost more than its worth.

I wouldn't recommend any of the cheap coilovers. My experience with HSD wasn't good, but everyone else seems to have good luck with them. When I had them in my car, I hated them.

Each to their own.

had f*kd TEIN, HSD and ISC in my ceffy - HSD were good until i had ISC - noticed even with stiffer spring rate the ISC were much more forgiving with driving on the street - they just seemed to be more adjustable for street, but then work when they needed to on the track.

had f*kd TEIN, HSD and ISC in my ceffy - HSD were good until i had ISC - noticed even with stiffer spring rate the ISC were much more forgiving with driving on the street - they just seemed to be more adjustable for street, but then work when they needed to on the track.

i havent heard of ISC before. can u tell me which country make them. Also which type of TEIN coilovers did u use ? Thanks

Just dont do it man hey. The bilstein stuff isnt THAT much more, and it will work better, last longer and therefore cost you less in the long run.

Trust me I've been there done that, spent almost $2k on coilover rebuilds, different springs etc etc. If you can do it once properly do it.

BTW, you can get the bilsteins kind of like a coilover. You get the coilover things that go around the shock, then just get the springs to suit. But it would probably cost more than its worth.

Wat do u think if i get brand new TEIN HA , Cusco, or JIC coilovers ? That shouldnt be a drama right ?

i got Tein HR's in my ceffy and they r bumpy and knockin like hell. Keep the car nice and flat in the corners and when driftin but soon as i hit a bump u can feel the car jump and the wheel chirps as its skips in the air. Soon as i have the cash i will b changing them, unsure to what yet.

i got Tein HR's in my ceffy and they r bumpy and knockin like hell. Keep the car nice and flat in the corners and when driftin but soon as i hit a bump u can feel the car jump and the wheel chirps as its skips in the air. Soon as i have the cash i will b changing them, unsure to what yet.

If is bumping too much on the street it is bad for the car? my answer will be yes. How about if u changing to the softest on the street ? Are they still keep u riding like a horse ?

4DoorWhore: HSDs look like this

http://www.hsdcoilovers.com/range.html

Most people in aus are running the HRs. They are cheap and seem to work well for the drifters.

Halo_a: They dont make Tein HAs anymore. And most (if not all) of the Jap shocks are arguably inferior to European shocks. But if it makes you happier, get the cheapest nastiest set of coilovers you can find. After all, the more expensive stuff isn't like that for a reason is it?

so is ur car on the road yet ? tell us wat did u done 2 ur engine n wat is the power u making it ?

Thanks

not on the road yet had a few dramas building engine next time i'm home then got g/b and diff to finnish then its on the road again

For the sort of money those coilovers are worth brand new, you can get the Bilsteins made into coilovers. $2262 they cost me and use your own factory strut tops. If you've got a set of coilover tops around (suit rectangular coil) then you can take another $100 off the price. This includes custom spring rates (Eibachs, best springs in the world) AND revalved to suit.

I see some sponsors doin Tein flex for $2050 and Tein monoflex for $2450

For the normal strut and spring combination it comes to $1436 for the set delivered.

EDIT: of Bilsteins ^^^

Edited by salad

For the sort of money those coilovers are worth brand new, you can get the Bilsteins made into coilovers. $2262 they cost me and use your own factory strut tops. If you've got a set of coilover tops around (suit rectangular coil) then you can take another $100 off the price. This includes custom spring rates (Eibachs, best springs in the world) AND revalved to suit.

I see some sponsors doin Tein flex for $2050 and Tein monoflex for $2450

For the normal strut and spring combination it comes to $1436 for the set delivered.

Wat i knw is TEIN doesnt make in Japan anyone more they make in Taiwan. If so i might get bilsteins or ohlins coilovers. wat the the average price on them ? IS there any manufacturer in Australia ?

Thanks

The cheap Teins are made elsewhere, but the more expensive ones are still made in Japan, which ones though, I dont know.

Bilstiens and Ohlins aren't exactly cheap, your best bet would be the groupbuy that SK is running. Prices for R32 are quoted above. Ohlins are damn expensive and I somehow doubt you could afford them if you were considering HSD.

Bilsteins are all made in Germany. I'm fairly sure all the Ohlins are made in Sweeden, but I'm not certain.

The cheap Teins are made elsewhere, but the more expensive ones are still made in Japan, which ones though, I dont know.

Bilstiens and Ohlins aren't exactly cheap, your best bet would be the groupbuy that SK is running. Prices for R32 are quoted above. Ohlins are damn expensive and I somehow doubt you could afford them if you were considering HSD.

Bilsteins are all made in Germany. I'm fairly sure all the Ohlins are made in Sweeden, but I'm not certain.

Have u been on track with the Bilsteins coilovers ? Are they good for drift ?

If i get the bilsteins coilovers wat else do i have change the foot work area ?

Thanks