SAU Community

Rich Fuel

hey guys now i just brought a series 1 r33 gtst from o,neill car yard in southport QLD and its a an auto and stock beside from the catback high flow and 600x300 front mount . and its nearly 30Littres of fuel every 200ks even on long trip and not giving it boost . boost is stock . just been dyno by who ever the dealership took it to then it was running so good after that but still running rich .. is this normal for S1 R33 gtst to go through 30L every 20ks on long trip. cheers, adam :D

what would be the problem to solve this..

Edited by adamR33

i had a 33 gtst auto and it use to be quite thirsty on the juice. Does it have a atmo BOV? I think it may play apart in it especially the BOV. i use to get about 300 ks to a tank which is not to good at all. Mite have to look at getting a safc to controll the fuel mixtures? feel free to correct me if im wrong? :D

Edited by 95SKY

i had a 33 gtst auto and it use to be quite thirsty on the juice. Does it have a atmo BOV? or Exhaust etc? I think they may play apart in it especially the BOV. i use to get about 300 ks to a tank which is not to good at all. Mite have to look at getting a safc to controll the fuel mixtures? feel free to correct me if im wrong? :D

hey thanks well the BOV is factory but notice it has the excact same mitshi 4g63t stock bov as i used to have a cc coupe with a 4g63t vr4 in it. 3inch stainless catback exhause. and whats a safc controle cheers.

change your plugs first, clean your injectors and then replace your 02 sensor. If still not happy then get a SAFC to lean it out a bit

all true

check voltages on 02 sensor... search you wil find...

plugs... etc

injecotr cleaner and a few tanks... general maintanence wouldnt hurt.

for me i had the same issue but once i changed my smic to fmic a great deal of problems went away for me... but admitedly do ALL the rest first then try this... another idea is check weather you really o have stock management in your car...

ok check my ecu , its all stock O2 senser is brand new as the car has only done 68,000ks but i know the o2 senser no where near that , should i close the gap to 0.8 and how much better will this safc do to the fuel saving well what would be to average be as mine is about 17L per 100ks..

yes i have the same problem. how do you clean your injectors, just with some additives.

You can have them cleaned from injector cleaner (but make sure the additive is suitable for turbo charged engines) but realy your best of getting them professionaly done.

Edited by 95SKY

The general consensus from pretty much all fuel based threads is -

Injector cleaner - Cleans injectors, cheap fix

Decent fuel - explanatory

Reset ECU - prevents the car from running on knock maps from crap fuel

Clogged cat - creates restriction, car runs crap

Vacuum leak - causes car to run crap

Spark plugs - wrong rating can cause crap economy

Oxygen sensor - if dead causes crap economy

Injector stuck open/faulty - causes excess fuel to be dumped

I might have missed a few, but just keep going down the list till it fixes the problem

ok i think i figered something can someone tell me if these are the right plugs as this is the one i had in it from the car yard its NGK..R...BCPR6ES... cheers...adam

p.s its an r33 rb25det S1

post-35464-1172636289.jpg

Edited by adamR33