SAU Community

Tokyo / Osaka Accomdation

Ronin 09

Hi all

My missus and I are going to Tokyo & Kyoto (and possibly Osaka) mid September for 3 weeks.

Just wondering which hotels you might have stayed in - looking for something not on the cheap, but not super $$ either.

Let me know!

Cheers

mmm, well in Osaka I can highly reccomend the Osaka hilton. it's not cheap, but not mega $$ either. Great location, amazing service and very nice rooms.

In tokyo I have stayed at a few places but all business hotels. I like the shinjuku prince as it's awesome location, and usual big hotel. nick stayed there with me and didn't like it though. I've also stayed at the shinjuku washington and f**king hated it. wouldn't stay there again that's for sure. the keiyo plaza hotel is quite nice too but a little bit $$.

I highly recommend the Keio Plaza in Shinjuku. I was there last year at the end of August.

If I can remember correctly I think it was just over $100 per night per person. Don't quote me :kiss:

Gonna be back there in Jan 08 and definitely gonna stay there again.

How I miss Japan :happy:

Edited by 95_GTR

In Tokyo I like the Sakura Hotel for a budget-mid price ($80) hotel and the Star Hotel Tokyo in Shinjuku has awesome location, just over a $100 a night..

In Osaka I prefer the real buidget hotels and houses, like Orange House, that place is an experience..

Aug/Sept is hot, get ready for it!! I was there last year in Aug Sept for 6 weeks.. Miss it!!!

for that price I think the prince is the way to go. awesome location. somewhat less awesome hotel, but it's a good place to leave your bags, and sleep when need be. it's not like you plan to hang out there for the ambience.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I used to stay at the Villa Fontaine Shiodome when I worked for Nissan, its located near Ginza, around 100+ per night...

Its located next to Conrad Tokyo...pretty good hotel... 10 minutes walk to Shiodome station on the Yamanote line.

Its around a 10 minute walk to the Nissan Ginza HQ....

Check out this firm

http://www.japanhotel.net/

My fiancee and I used them a couple of times when I was living there and doing the occasional side trip. Many of the hotels they offer are classified as "business hotels", ie not the top of the range tourist hotels and they are also close to the centre of town.

The service is top notch from these guys.

Most offer rates of between 5000-12000yen per night.

INSGDT