SAU Community

No More Apexi Power Fc's

Ryan.R34

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I got one off the dreaded eBay for $1500 after running up my phone all day ringing around the country trying to get one. I was spamming the eBay dealer all day with questions and he responded quick and was happy to answer any questions I had and has an excellent rating. See how long it takes to get to me :)

Thanks again guys for helping search thanks to KeyMaker for the PM link :)

Okay, I got one off the dreaded eBay for $1500 after running up my phone all day ringing around the country trying to get one. I was spamming the eBay dealer all day with questions and he responded quick and was happy to answer any questions I had and has an excellent rating. See how long it takes to get to me :D

Thanks again guys for helping search thanks to KeyMaker for the PM link :D

No worries Ryan, glad I could help :(

My freind had an experience with the haltec. i thought it was my freinds car, but 2 ECU's died in under 4 weeks. After 3 months, Haltec fixed the problem. However, they did fix it!

What ever you buy, just check out their after sales service. Make sure u read ALL the fine print in the warrentee, and that all your aftermarket parts are supported by the ECU u wish to buy!

ECU options are something else to consider. Cold start, how godd the closed loop control is, traction tontrol, dual maps for Nos .. all that kind of stuff..

does that help?

Haltech E11V2.

More of everything the PFC has. Now comes with an auto tune function.

I got one of these, they work fine but not a lot of tuners in Brissy can tune them. Haltech are always bringing out new software updates which is a pain in the ass to keep up with - would be good if they got it right the first time. If I had my time again I would have gone Motec.

spoke to the Haltec dealer yesterday and he bent over double pissin himself laughing when I asked about the self tuning jobby. Go figure

Of course he would Noel, this "jobby" will put a few tuners' noses out of joint and the Haltech dealers have been trying to downplay the release of said "jobby"

Haltech E11V2.

More of everything the PFC has. Now comes with an auto tune function.

Except the ability to monitor important parameters such as temps and knock and the ability to, on the fly, scale ignition and fueling up or down should you come across crap fuel or be stuck with less than 98 in the middle of the sticks somewhere

Except the ability to monitor important parameters such as temps and knock and the ability to, on the fly, scale ignition and fueling up or down should you come across crap fuel or be stuck with less than 98 in the middle of the sticks somewhere

I would assume you could in the situation where you get bad fuel hit the self learn mode again to get it to adjust to what you have in the tank...

I would assume you could in the situation where you get bad fuel hit the self learn mode again to get it to adjust to what you have in the tank...

Yeah that is assuming the self learn mode works...not saying it wont but we dont know anything about it yet

I agree with the lack of a knock sensor input but I'm pretty sure it covers all the other stuff - you can even run 2 different maps if you run different octane fuels.

Of course he would Noel, this "jobby" will put a few tuners' noses out of joint and the Haltech dealers have been trying to downplay the release of said "jobby"

My thoughts exactly, tuners aren't going to promote something that potentially lessens their own importance.

Computers tuning themselves is definately the way of the future. But having said that I don't know just how good this "auto tune" function could be on this particular ecu.

I think the haltech has many advantages and has to be one of the front runners stil being produced. there is a mod you can do to them which on detection of knock retard the timing, a guy on hte rx7 forums has done this and reported it works well.

It monitors temp etc as you can set when the thermo fans kick in if you so wish and some other extras depending on what you use the car for (ie launch control for all the drag racers outh there).

there are at least 3 tuners i know of in brisbane that can tune haltechs so I don't see there to be a problem finding qualified people to work on them.