SAU Community

A31 Auto/manual Handbrake Mount Da Same?

Dan_J

ok i mite have 2 clear it up a lil :happy:

is da a31 manual handbrake mount da same as da a31 auto footbrake RELEASE lever ?

Edited by Dan_J

You guys don't understand what he is asking....

Yes, the auto "parkbrake" is mounted on the floor, But the release lever (equivalent of a normal handbrake button) is mounted on the center console.

He wants to know if the mount for the release lever is the same as the A31 manual handbrake lever mount.

Unfortunately, the answer is no.

I just got the R32 handbrake lever, sat it on the trans tunnel, mark the holes, drill a few holes, bolt it in.

thank god ^^^ :happy:

yea i got da r32 handbrake and r32 handbrake mount,

just didnt wanna make it dodgey using da r32 1 lol

Edited by Dan_J

I'm pretty sure the R32 handbrake mount is the way to go. Probably better to weld it in rather than drill and bolt. There will be a hole in the trans tunnel for the cable to pass through, it has a plate tack welded over it and is filled with some silicon rubber stuff. If you get rid of that crap first, put the cable through the hole and bolt the cover down, that will give a good indication of where to mount the handbrake lever on the tunnel.

If you can't be bothered finding an A31 factory manual center console, you will need to cut a fair bit out of your automatic center console to get it to fit.

Then you have to worry about sorting out your handbrake cables, but thats a different story.

Edited by daisu

yea tru, didnt realy wanna drill

i'm gonna have 2 find me a small cheap ass welder den :(

EDIT:

Then you have to worry about sorting out your handbrake cables, but thats a different story.

the guys on d1nz forums told me dat da front r32 handbrake/handbrake line connects to the rear auto a31 handbrake cable

There will be a hole in the trans tunnel for the cable to pass through, it has a plate tack welded over it and is filled with some silicon rubber stuff. If you get rid of that crap first, put the cable through the hole and bolt the cover down, that will give a good indication of where to mount the handbrake lever on the tunnel.

yea i felt some soft crap on the tunnel, i think it needs 2 be mounted a lil more higher den where da soft putty is.

but yea thanks alot

Edited by Dan_J

underneath that soft stuff are indents for the manual piece - just drill them out and it should sit perfectly

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v649/RS1...dbrakesetup.jpg

for the cabling underneath you need to cut off the splitter on the end of the 32 cable (but not the cable or the end thing) - then attach it to the U thing

see here for guide - http://d1nz.org.nz/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2...c&start=225

I have S13 rear cradle in mine, so I have to stuff around with custom cable mounting brackets and different Y adaptors. I'm thinking I won't bother yet and just install an R32 rear cradle.

isnt S13 rear cradle/rear subframe da same as r32?

just and da handbrake line being posible different

im not sure about r32 gtst subframe. but s13 n r32 gtr is different subframe u need to make custom bushes to fit them.

• 1 month later...

i used a handbrake lever from an r32 4 door when converting my ceffy. theres a plate tack welded onto the floor covering the mounting hole. bash that out and drill some holes to mount the actual lever assembly :closedeyes: