SAU Community

Boot To Heavy

sky_hi

Hey everyone. just wondering if somebody knows of a product or a mod that u can get done in sydney to get the boot to hold up with more weight by changing the gas strut or getting it to open differently. basically i installed all my sound system amplifiers to the top of the boot-lid. its a really good job now that its all been done so carefully but just this one last obstical. it is rather heavy so it need to be rather strong whatever it is. even if you can maybe get the boot to open just a bit more so it sits just past horizontal. is there any other things out there?

Cheers everyone.

Callum

only option would be to take your hinge off and take it to a hydrolics/gas strut place to have them make up a custom one to suit.

as for the boot opening more, i dont think the hinge unit would allow you to open it further

Hey everyone. just wondering if somebody knows of a product or a mod that u can get done in sydney to get the boot to hold up with more weight by changing the gas strut or getting it to open differently. basically i installed all my sound system amplifiers to the top of the boot-lid. its a really good job now that its all been done so carefully but just this one last obstical. it is rather heavy so it need to be rather strong whatever it is. even if you can maybe get the boot to open just a bit more so it sits just past horizontal. is there any other things out there?

Cheers everyone.

Callum

Sounds wild mate do you have any pics of what you have done?

Callum

as Chris said you will have to get a custom strut made up so it can support the additional weight. As for getting the boot to open more then you would have to modify the hinge to do so.

I haven't looked at the hinges on a 33 for a while but are you able to slot them out a little so they open that extra bit???

Might be worth having a look on EBay as well???

remove the hinge and get gas struts to lift the boot vertically in the air .. on a angle if you wish but then you can roll through the streets pumping it haha