SAU Community

Gb#2: Jun Spec Crank Collar & Oil Restrictors (x2)

satanic

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First attempt at a table;

-------------------- -------------------- RB26 -------------------- -------------------- RB25/20 -------------------- -------------------- -------------------- RB25

-------------------- -------------------- No VVT -------------------- -------------------- No VVT -------------------- -------------------- -------------------- VVT

-------------------- -------------------- Front Feed, Rear Feed -------------------- Front Feed, Rear Feed -------------------- VVT Supply, Front Feed, Rear Feed

Standard Oil Pump

Road ----------------------------------- 1.5 mm, Block off, ------------------------------ 1.5 mm, Block off, ------------------------------ Leave, Block off, 1.5 mm,

Drag ----------------------------------- 1.25 mm, Block off, ------------------------------ 1.5 mm, Block off, ------------------------------ Leave, Block off, 1.5 mm,

Circuit/Drift ------------------------------ 1.25 mm, Block off, ------------------------------ 1.25 mm, Block off, ------------------------------ Leave, Block off, 1.25 mm,

RB26 N1 Oil Pump

Road ----------------------------------- 1.5 mm, Block off, ------------------------------ 1.5 mm, Block off, ------------------------------ Leave, Block off, 1.5 mm,

Drag ----------------------------------- 1.25 mm, Block off, ------------------------------ 1.5 mm, Block off, ------------------------------ Leave, Block off, 1.5 mm,

Circuit/Drift ------------------------------ 1 mm, Block off, ------------------------------ 1 mm, Block off, ------------------------------ Leave, Block off, 1 mm,

Aftermarket Oil Pump (Jun HKS Apexi Trust etc)

Road ----------------------------------- 1.25 mm, Block off, ------------------------------ 1.5 mm, Block off, ------------------------------ Leave, Block off, 1.5 mm,

Drag ----------------------------------- 1 mm, Block off, ------------------------------ 1.25 mm, Block off, ------------------------------ Leave, Block off, 1.25 mm,

Circuit/Drift ------------------------------ 1 mm, Block off, ------------------------------ 1 mm, Block off, ------------------------------ Leave, Block off, 1 mm,

Note that all of the above assumes;

1. Standard Nissan clearances

2. Oil cooler (where necessary)

3. Improved oil control in the sump (where necessary) including wings, baffles, one way doors etc

4. External oil return from cylinder head to sump on all circuit/drift cars and drag cars with non standard oil pumps

5. Hydraulic followers in RB20/25's. if changed to solid followers then use RB26 restrictor as above

6. Castrol Edge 10W60 (or equivalent)\

7. Improved oil flow in the cylinder head return galleries through the block.

8. Refer previous posts in this thread

;) cheers :laugh:

PS; This guide is for what ever cylinder head you use, the block is irrelevant. Whether you use an RB20/23/24/25/26/27/28/30 bottom end is doesn't matter when it comes to restrictor sizes. It's all about what oil pump you use, what cylinder head and what you use the car for.

Here a table from Sydneykid for picking what restrictors u need ,

Pm sent as well

Update; all the crank collars have been paid for and will be sent out (to me) by the end of the week; I'll ship them all off as soon as they arrive. FYI Matt from NZ is an awesome guy to deal with; honest and to the point - so if you need anything from NZ; go through him >_<

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just received a call from DHL; the collars have been sitting in a holding facility for the last week! Apparently (truth level of this unknown) the address was listed as 39 and not 59!!! How bloody nice of them to call me after a week~

Anyways, just letting you all know that they will arrive tomorrow and I will be shipping them out to you on Friday :cheers: Happy Times!

Hey Adrian;

The grub screw should be in the packet; I personally checked all of them before sending out :rofl: it's a tiny little black thing - perhaps check that it didn't fall out into the tough bag?

Also; there's no hole in the collar because the grub screw is really an "optional" item that not all places choose to use. As such; no pre-machined hole is drilled for it. This is what I've been told by Matt any ways...

Thanks

S

• 2 weeks later...