SAU Community

Jun Oil Pump Preasure To High

you might have two springs in your pressure regulating valve on the oil pump.

i've noticed in my oil pump that there are two springs in there one is the main spring which controls the pressure and the other one sits inside it and is alot stiffer and a bit shorter than the main one so when its cold or at high revs the main spring compresses and then hits the second stiff spring making the oil pressure skyrocket.

the gallery restictors will be contributing as well.

Cool then.... I'm good to go. I just put a adjustable valve on my oil inlet hoses to reduce the volume going into the turbos. I unhooked them while at idle and let them flow into a cup to measure the oil volume. It was quite abit still, even though I have the restrictors that come in the center section.

After a few spirited runs, it has taken care of the excessive oil flow through the BB turbos...

• 1 year later...

Its been a little over a year now and she's still running strong.

I have to admitt a boo-boo I did, causing the oil problem I described in the beginning posts. I was having oil coming out the comp housings, and I discovered that I had hooked up a new oil catch can, but did not vent it.

I ran a -10 line from each valve cover to the can only, and the can was not vented.... Doh

So, once I discovered that little screw up, I opened up the catch can, and added a filtered vent and everything cleared up....

Just wanted to update this thread since I've been absent all this time.

Later - and thanks for the help!

• 2 months later...