SAU Community

Help R34 Wont Rev Over 3000rpm

just today my car started to play up. its a r34 gt-t triptronic. 1st gear is good. 2nd till 4th runs very slugish and wont rev over 3000rpm. once hit 3000rpm it feels like the car is held back, drops revs by a touch and just holds under 3000rpm. any ideas what the problem could be. very few mods done to the car. voltage stablizer, 6000x300x105 fmic, blitz pod, hks front pipe, blitz cat-back exhaust. other than that nothing has been done to it. need the car for easter weekend. and apparently when car is held back after 3000rpm black smoke is poured out of the exhaust. help will be greatly appreciated guys. cheers

Edited by john-e boi

Have you been playing around with your AFM lately? Sounds like your car may be running in limp home mode.

Check your AFM is plugged in correctly for a start

rancher - what is R&R?

havent played around with the AFM, recently put the front mount on about a week ago. i think its one of the clamps, cause they look very cheapy due to cheapy cooler kits. thanks guys for the help so far. ill have a better look tomorrow. never knew about this limp home mode. will check and let you guys know how i go. thx