SAU Community

can anyone recommend a good mechanic?

Guest Malleus

Guest Malleus

Hi all,

My r33 gts-t started misfiring under load after i got it converted from auto to manual. Can anyone recommend a place to get it fixed?

I took it to Hybrid in Artarmon, but they reckoned it needed a full rebuild ( Dr evil voice: "Riiiiiiiight"). The miss started right after the conversion, so i doubt it's because the bottom-end bearing has suddenly died.

so who can people suggest?

Malleus, ring mark up at hills motorsport

he works on a couple of the cars in this club, and knows skylines VERY well, and is priced alot better than bd4's or CAS which are also both very good also... tell him ure from the skylines Australia forum's

his number is

Mark - 8802 0777

Guest Malleus

Thanks guys,

Yeah, Hills seems to come recommended in another mechanic related thread too.

I've had work done through Hills (that's where i got the conversion done, so i know them pretty well)

My only problem with Mark is that he's a bit too enthusiastic about taking on work, and so he's usually overbooked. If they can get another mechanic or two in I reckon they'd be great.

The conversion took about 5 weeks, and there was/is still some stuff unfinished...they knew what they were doing but were just in too much of a rush to do the job well.

also, Hills is waaaay out there, with no public transport nearby.

Still, I might go back there since they know my car, i just need to get them when they aren't busy.

Guest Malleus

All up about $3700

was about $2500 for parts and $1200 for labour. I got a heavy-duty clutch ($500) so I could have done it for less, but Mark at Hills found a buyer for my old auto tranny so i got $500 back for that. (the auto box had been tricked up a bit, was snappier than a normal auto, hence was worthwhile selling)

The labour was a bargain, Mark put a lot more than $1200 worth of work into it, but then it also took him 5 weeks. Initially he said it would take 1 week. Most of the 5 weeks was spent looking for parts.

How's the manual now?

Bloody great, cause it's a manual. Second is a bit rough, (i think the synchro is on the way out) but then i did get a used gearbox so you take your chances. Only problem is this frikkin missfire, so i can't fang the car/go to track days etc :)

still, I'm happy i got the manual.

Guest lixid

Proconcept at west ryde 98074488

small workshop but only good job from there

the boss

Joshua nice guy

(hates people goes back for the same problem, so he will try to do good job at the first time)

:uh-huh:

My baby got towed over to Hills today, so far can only speak the highest of them. Only minus is the call backs (not happening) but guess they don't have enough time as it is, so its all good :cool:

Mark gives a good impression of knowing his **** which makes me feel confident about leaving it with them.