SAU Community

How Much Power

hey guys just doing a few mods to the car and wondering if i have everything covered.

My first goal i don't have a power figure but will be trying to do all things necissary to support a bigger and/or high flow turbo either way, more boost.

Current Mods:

- Turbo back split dump pimp (BATMBL)

- High Flow Cat (BATMBL)

- 5ZiGen exhaust cat back

- Dr. Drift Boost Controller set at 11-11.5 PSI

- GTS-T Clutch kit (i think it's twin plate but will have to check if it will hold power)

- SAFC II

- Blitz Pod Filter.... UNBOXED

- FMIC

Future mods or current but not tuned, Stage one (the set up for stage two):

- Power FC

- GTR injectors (unsure as which one to get them off or if it matters or if they will flow enough)

- GTR Fuel Pump (again same as above)

- possible box for pod

Stage Two:

- New turbo either highflow or new/bigger

Now what i would like to know what else i need to do to reach ruffly about 280rwkw

have i missed anything in the supporting mods and will a GCG highflow be able to do the job for me.

any advice would be great

Mark

As paul said hiflow doesnt = 280.

You will have a fair bit less, which is still more then enough power i believe.

You could look at this setup for a good 230-250.

yeah i had heard hi-flow wouldn't make that much hence why i mentioned a different turbo maybe the HKS GT-RS not even sure if that will do any better, not sure which way i will go with that yet.

i guess the main reason for the thread was to try and make sure i had the supporting mods covered. will i need anyhting else to support around the 280rwkw mark besides the mods listed. eg Z32 AFM or somethign like a fuel pressure regulator.

i guess people make threads like this to try and get answers from others experience. i may settle for 250rwkw just i think i'll end up wanting more again so was going to run 2 stages of boost.

any ideas or suggestings would be great in helping me inproove my mods list.

currently the car makes bout 187 rwkw i think was the last dyno

i was recommened the GTR ones and though why? so i asked here :P only picked 280 becasue that is what i had heard the max was with the hi-flow and i wanted to try and reach that with correct supporting mods... i recieved a PM from someone that was fully detailed and greatly appreciated had some very good ideas and suggested possibly RB25/30 bottom end. any more ideas greatly appreiciated

I personally wouldnt use the 30 bottom end unless i was looking for big power on a drag car. And i mean big. There is nothing wrong with the RB25 bottom end, especially if u wanted 280kw. IMHO the money could be better spent.

25/30 = pointless waste of money.

Why spend the money/rip the motor out etc when the one you have in there is perfectly fine?

In an ideal world where everyone has lots of money, yeah fair enough. Otherwise unless your motor is dead... why?

good point, i'm still learning about all this stuff. it had just been mentioned to me so i thought i would inquire. so is the advice from here pretty much do the mods listed including high-flow or is there a better option at the moment. what is the next step after 250 odd kw with the hi-flow.

i guess i'm asking to i get the hiflow now tune it for 250 rwkw then use that for a while, then later change more stuff

and if i change more stuff later what am i changing. thanks for the help guys. i'm doing reading where i can to try and learn more so my posts are as n00b

mark

IMO i would say get a FMIC on it or drop the boost to 7psi. Can it handle 11-12psi. some people will say yea but i personally wouldnt. Also box your pod up!

Then search search search. Anywhere, Here, people you know. But the more you know the better it will be. I wouldnt go doing mods not knowing what supporting mods they need.

Its got a front mount on it now. i wanted to get the power fc now because i can get one at a good price before they all dissapear. The mods i'm doing aren't crazy they seem to be pretty standard.

power fc

FMIC

Fuel pump

injectors

AFM

hi-flow turbo probably

i just wanted to make sure that when i take it to get tuned i don't get told that i need a better flowing fuel pump or something like that.

mark sudakov - thanks for the site... this pretty much details what i want to do. i have organised all the mods they mention except for the cams, head gasket, and fly wheel.

hopefully this should see some good power.

I vote for 250rwkw using a GCG or Slide highflow.

I personally wouldnt use the 30 bottom end unless i was looking for big power on a drag car. And i mean big. There is nothing wrong with the RB25 bottom end, especially if u wanted 280kw. IMHO the money could be better spent.

There is much more to the 3ltr than you realise...

280rwkw out of the rb25's bottom end won't see much happeneing until close to 4000rpm. Thats very much border line of being too laggy for the street.

Then consider the boost response/spool in first and second gear.. yay much fun, you have to ring its neck if you want it to get up and go. Drive an rb30det with the same turbo setup and it will blow you away.

For the street go for cubes.

For the track/drags its not all that important.

It is a waste of money unless you are due a rebuild. Same as rebuilding the rb25 when your rb25 is perfectly fine. Waste of money.

550 NISMOs will be fine

new AFM as suggested

Hi-Flo is fine. 250 is a good number and if ur running 180 atm, 250 will be great.

Clutch...get a good one. Jim Berry would be good. Twin plate might be excessive. I have one but I dont drive it often and planed for more upgrades.

ECU - go the emanage Ultimate instead of the SAFC2 - not a bad price from Nengun these days. Better yet the PFC

You may need : new plugs and coil packs depending on their condition.

For thsoe power levels buy the GKTech FMIC from here...works fine and it a good price.

Then look at suspension and tyres for traction....no point having lots of power and u cant get it down. Phase 3!

My SAFC II will be up for sale the day after my pfc goes in lol.

one thing i was worried about with the boche or walbro fuel pump is the noise... how bad is it.

i have a just jap FMIC on the car atm so it should be fine.

is the pfc boost controller worth the money

and i think after the hi-flow i will try for the SK suspension set-up.

so the verdict is i should see about 250 rwkw and after that i should focus on handling... my tyres are good 9' on the back i believe so should be no dramas needs suspension done though