SAU Community

What Size Surge Tank For 750-800whp?

Guys,

I know we have been discussing surge tanks a bit for the past week or 2.

However I have a question that differs from the ones we have been discussing.

Per our earlier information, the standard size for a surge tank is about 1-1.9L. It was agreed upon that anything larger is just overkill.

However I just got some information from someone stateside with a GTR as well as one of the top tuners over here. The person with the GTR was running 777WHP and was using a 1L surge tank. It seems that this surge tank was too small for his power and he had to upgrade to a larger one.

Now I just wanted to ask you guys what you thought about this since I thought it was already decided that 1-1.9L is a good size.

What do you guys think is a good size surge tank to run 750-800WHP?

As an aside, they are trying to convince me to go with a 3.7L tank. Just seems like overkill to me!

-Sayajin

Edited by Sayajin

Guys,

I know we have been discussing surge tanks a bit for the past week or 2.

However I have a question that differs from the ones we have been discussing.

Per our earlier information, the standard size for a surge tank is about 1-1.9L. It was agreed upon that anything larger is just overkill.

However I just got some information from someone stateside with a GTR as well as one of the top tuners over here. The person with the GTR was running 777WHP and was using a 1L surge tank. It seems that this surge tank was too small for his power and he had to upgrade to a larger one.

Now I just wanted to ask you guys what you thought about this since I thought it was already decided that 1-1.9L is a good size.

What do you guys think is a good size surge tank to run 750-800WHP?

As an aside, they are trying to convince me to go with a 3.7L tank. Just seems like overkill to me!

-Sayajin

are you mean surge Tank intake manifold !! :)

jun ,, greddy,, topsecret,, but very expensive price ,,greddy is lower price why!! I don't know !!

To see the rest of the men!

Regards. :D

OK .

Many types.

but : My advice to you is : custom !! I think is the best ! or from ABS COMPANY .

We await the rest of the views of young people! !

Regards .

At least 3.7ltr - personally I'd go 5 ltr. If you have the return line going back to the surge tank you will get fuel heating problems if you're running a small surge tank if you are doing any extended sort of driving. I think Theo's is about the 5ltr mark (it's big).

2ltr should be enough. Thats what i would use.

If the lift pump is supplying enough to the surge, then it doesnt really matter how big it is.

Issues will arise with a surge not being big enough mainly when it doesnt get the supply.