SAU Community

Just Jap Split Front/dump Pipe

I fitted the just jap split front/dump pipe to my 33 this arvo and found that the front pipe is hitting the floor pan when i go over any bumps, anyone else encountered this problem and what was their fix???

thanks guys

Doesnt sound right - Are you sure its the front pipe and are you sure its hitting the floorpan?

I'd bet its more likely you exhaust system knocking around if you shifted it while fitting the front pipe.

I had my just jap front pipe fitted yesterday and the fitter told me how tight it was and how it only had about 8mm of clearance so i understand your issue. My exhaust is now hitting but i think it is further back. Not sure how to fix this.

isnt there a bracket that joins from the front pipe to the cat that holds the exh up in place? i found that if you modify it and get it to fit properly it'll stop it from moving and lift it up a little aswell..

30 mins i find that hard to beleive....... anyways i got under the car this arvo and its not hitting up the front it is further down near the tailshaft centre bearing, its hitting the bracket that sits on top of the exhaust and under the tailshaft centre bearing. maybe pics would explain better. Any ideas on a fix????

bumping after 30mins? gee...

If its hitting down near the tailshaft, then you need to inspect all the mounts.

One is probably shagged or a bracket not in the correct spot.

Or are you trying to say match a JustJap dump with like an Apexi cat-back?

If your trying to mix-n-match two different pre-fab items... of course your going to have possible issues :(

If you arnt going to take it to someone to get it fixed then I would say trial and error...

Look at whats wrong and try and determine how it happened. Then try and fix it.

Check the mounts for the exhaust first.

i never said that there was anything wrong with the just jap dump just simpily that it sits higher than the standard dump therefore raised the rest of the exhaust and now i need ideas on how to stop the exhaust hitting the floor.... im accually really happy with the improvement in the car since fitting it, car feels so much smoother now through the rev range and i would still reccoment it to anyone.

Edited by R33BEN

yep adriano im with you

just jap did that to me...sold me an exhaust system that diddnt fit

told them what it was goin on, what i had...."yea yea it will fit...

no, it diddnt...i returned and had 2 get money back in credit