SAU Community

Time For That Rebuild

Hey there fellow Skyline owners,

As the title suggests i've gone and destroyed my baby, and it was all my fault. >_<

I own a 96 model series 2 Skyline GTST

Mods before the destruction:

Garrett GT35/40R Turbo

Turbosmart 38mm ultragate

Stainless high mount Manifold

Splitfire Ignition Coils

Denso 550cc Injectors

Apexi PowerFC

Monkey Frontmount

Z32 AFM

Bosch 040 Fuel pump

Blitz SpecR Boost Controller

Standard Internals

Making around 270rwkw....

Okay so this is how it happened. Just cruising around one day and decided to give it a foot full lol. Then all of a sudden i lost all boost and a dreaded sound come from under the bonnet. Upon further inspection i had found the $1000 dollar stainless manifold had given way... DAMN... Well anyway i disassembled everything, got the manifold re-welded and bolted it all back together. Now in my rush to put everything back together i did the stupidest thing!!! Anyway i backed out of the drive way and took it for a spin. OH MY GOD WHAT THE HELL!!! was my next response as the car boosted to 2.6bar and went pop! :( , I slowly drove it home with smoke billowing out the back. Upon investigation i found I had put the lines to the Wastegate around the wrong way..... STUPID!! lol. I expect to get flamed for this... So anyways i've pulled it all apart and have discovered i've only cracked number 2 piston...

Okay so thats my story and now i pose a question to you all. I have got around 12grand in the bank and want to re-build my baby to make it stronger.

So in all honestly people what should i do with the cash. What pistons, rods, cams, etc. should i get?? Name anything and everything i should buy (keeping within 12 grand please)

Currently i've got rid of the turbo and wastegate. I wanna upgrade to a T04z but i'm up for any suggestions.

Looking to achieve over the magic 300rwkw mark.

Thanking you all in advance.

Gordon.

i have the gt3540 going onto my r33 and was going to do the rb25/30, but im going to wait and see how it goes on the rb25

i was going to buy this for the combo

rb30 bottom end from series 2, ( Speak to MIT16 on calaisturbo.com.au) s2 block that has been honed, decked, and had the grub screws on the crank done, very very good nick. Its also on the std bore size still. There was over $250 in work done you can have the lot for $200 if interested .........cheers brett Ps im in toowoomba.... ph 0408305170

Brad from spool imports has a rb25 head with plenum for 590, and can get it all cleaned up cut valves, face valves shave head blah blah etc for a cheap price. So its all new. Also depends if ya want to keep the vct or not, but if ya dont want vct, he can have all the galleries welded up etc.

Brad also has a package for rods and pistons, so it would be good to speak to him ( Spoolup is his name on this forum, or www.spoolimports.com )

rb26 or rb30 head gasket

r33 rb26dett oil pump and water pump

Buy the jun crank collar for the smaller diameter crank of the rb30 ??

I guess you will be getting a new exhaust manifold ( speak to kyle 6boost off calaisturbo.com.au, he is most probably on here aswell)

Then its getting the block and crank balanced, bored out for the pistons, putting it in the car, hooking up all the wiring ECU

There will be other minor things that you will have to get, but hopefully i have said all the basic stuff to get it all going.

But people to speak that i thought were helpful and know what they are talking about are LTHLRB, Sydneykid, Cubes, Spoolup

There are alot of ppl on here that have done it, but there just a couple of ppl that i know who have.