SAU Community

Mounting 6x9's In Series I R33 Gts25t Coupe

I just purchased sum 700w 6x9's and tried to fit them in my parcel tray and they do not fit on one side because the battery is in the way and do not fit in the other side because a grey box is in the way. I had a speaker box lying around so i just put them in the boot in that for now but does anybody have any suggestions of any where else i could mount them inside the car?? I thought about mounting them in the rear skins below the quarter window (its a coupe) but i couldnt cut a big enough hole in the steel behind that without having to cut into a big piece of box section which was obviously structual. Any suggestions would be much appreciated..Cheers!

Edited by jUsT-dRiFt-iT

I just purchased sum 700w 6x9's and tried to fit them in my parcel tray and they do not fit on one side because the battery is in the way and do not fit in the other side because a grey box is in the way. I had a speaker box lying around so i just put them in the boot in that for now but does anybody have any suggestions of any where else i could mount them inside the car?? I thought about mounting them in the rear skins below the quarter window (its a coupe) but i couldnt cut a big enough hole in the steel behind that without having to cut into a big piece of box section which was obviously structual. Any suggestions would be much appreciated..Cheers!

1 - 700 watts - ha ha ha, thats funny.....

2 - go back to the store, get your $49.95 back

3 - save some money

4 - buy some decent 6" and an amp ( easier instal and will still sound sweet)

5 - add a sub and amp

6 - problem solved

Yeah when i saw them that they were 700w (350w RMS) i was like wtf thats bulsht but they go Fckn hard! With them in the box in the boot they make it sound like ive got a sub in the boot, one of the reasons they wouldnt fit in the parcel tray was because the magnets were to big to easily fit in the holes where the standard speakers were. I cant be bothered with the whole sub and amp thing either..

Yeah when i saw them that they were 700w (350w RMS) i was like wtf thats bulsht

Yep, its bulsht.

A 350rms speaker off a 50 x 4 headunit would sound CRAP.

Please, tell us some brands here so we can really laugh our asses off...

I'm betting something VOX, or BlaSTer, Maybe even something Mega....

Edited by frx026

Thanks for that link.

I am still gonna agree with your first statement.

BULLS**T.

Total crap.

Rubbish.

http://www.boschmann.com/images/main.html

Their website is one of the finest comedy pieces I have ever read.

Highlights are

Headunits that are 50RMS x 4..

6x9's that are 1000Watts

speakers with the word "giga" in the model number.

LMFAO...

lol, i should just buy 2 of those 6x9s and box them! 2000 watts!!! Z0MG!

PS: jUsT-dRiFt-iT, i have a 3000 watt amp, the subs are only 500 each... ence the need to upgrade...

this thread has quickly become one of my favourites :)

lol yeah wel im only 16 (and still at school) and i just bought a GTS25t (with my own money) and i dont really have the money to go and spend heaps on soundz lol..i just want something that i cant listen to for a good price..and these do the job and they were only 130 NZ dollars lol so yea..

Edited by jUsT-dRiFt-iT

just go with the 6" rears. it was my impression that there are a set of 6x4s stock in the 33 somewhere?

dont quote me on this though, not entirely sure. but 4 6" speakers running off an amp will sound awesome, wont have fully sick bass but the music quality will be amazing!

6x9s = :)