SAU Community

Trust Suction Kit (intake)

Does any one have one of these installed in their R32GTR ? Mine come with 3 brackets stamped 6, 7 and 8. The black and white manual doesnt illustrate clearly where the bloody brackets are supposed to mount from the afms to the engine bay. I spent hours stuffing with these brackets, trying to find a place to secure the afms/pods. Its almost like the ones i have are the wrong ones. If anyone has experience with these kits please reply.

Which one have you got mate have been looking into these but am not exactly sure which one to get ??????

Not sure if they will work with stock box or airflow meter placements, as I have a ARC airbox, will be interested to hear how you go with it sorry I couldnt be more help,

best of luck :)

Ive attached a photo, so people know what im talking about. They are seemingly straight forward to install, even tho the crappy jap manual sucks. With photos of an r34 engine bay, with brackets that dont even look the same as the ones i got.

Thing is, the part number for this kit is the same for GTR34,32,33. Does anyone know if the factory mounting points for the airbox are roughtly the same location across all models ? Because they're the points, im assuming, the pods use to attach the brackets. I waited over month for nengun to sent this kit. Eventually i got an email, informing me that they recieved 3 kits from trust at the same time and they had to rip open all 3 kits because they couldnt tell which ones were standard afm/z32 and almost posted the wrong ones to different customers.

I contacted nengun recently about the brackets and if they are the same across all models and his response was "Why are you asking us these questions when before purchase we have clearly given instructions and you agreed to our policy that you would seek the advice of a trained licensed professional tuner." Proceeded by his legal disclaimer about it being my resposibilty to purchase the correct parts for my car. WTF we are talking about 3 brackets here and they potentially sent me the wrong ones. So if anyone has one of these kits, can you please measure the brackets or take a photo so i can check, coz ill be f**ked if i can work out where these ones i got are supposed to go.

post-30208-1179792823_thumb.jpg

post-30208-1179793096_thumb.jpg

I have never had any trust or greddy gear supplied with wrong parts in 6 years. i have the same kit fitted to our S13/RB26. i will take some photos later..

Trent mate, thats an excellent record I must say.

i only had one with blitz, they did a whole stock take to find the missing boost controller screen too...... the japanese are very proud of thier zero return policy and blitz were very upset we had an issue. I wish our local and american suppliers had the same attitude :)

Edited by URAS

well I've never had missing parts but I did once open an Apexi power intake box and found a set of vernier calipers inside!! lol, maybe that's why they went broke. too many tools being dropped in retail packaging.

I have never had any trust or greddy gear supplied with wrong parts in 6 years. i have the same kit fitted to our S13/RB26. i will take some photos later..

My trust extension pipes kit was missing one of the screw adaptors for one of the o2 sensors. And the bag was sealed so trust sent it out like that. (r32 kit). Id say tho in this case i just cant work it out. Some pics would be great. Ive looked at alot of other pics so far. Just cant clearly see where the brackets have been mounted.

take a pic of the brackets and post them up. We mtie be able to better guide you then!

P.S schmick lookin engine bay bud :) that trust rad looks nice, u keep the car down the side still? :happy:

Thats it ! That explains why only 1 bracket fitted from the rear afm to to the powersteering cannister. The other two must be for the other model gtr's hence the same partnumber etc. Thanks for your reply mate.