SAU Community

Confused! Need Help On Whether To Buy R34 Gtt Or S15

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought an R34 GTT manual sedan from Autoworx...

Not dissapointed, looks mean/menacing, awesome handling, kills all my mates in falcondores, and in 2nd I've never felt a car just leap out of 'rounabouts... Awesome ability for a 'sedan'... Depends, you looking at getting a coupe? Either way, R34 GTT is a very potent car, and with massive scope for upgrades...

Edited by Marco-R34GTT

Hey mate.. Abit of interior work and a $10 spray can will fix up the boring interior I now ride with red and black interior and silver centre panels .. pm me if you want a pik .. ill get some :)

red and black interior u tha dude i talked to ages ago at krispy kreme in auburn before everyone headed off for a cruise then got booked like shit from the cops?? LOL

if it wasnt u WHOOPS lol

I have owned two 34 gtt's one auto and one manual. The auto needed to be followed around by a petrol tanker as it was only getting around 380km to a tank around town but the manual was doing 480+km around town and 570-580 on the highway. The manual i had was in showroom condition and i sold it for $24,500 at the time. I would not pay more than that and there were a lot of people struggling to sell at that price because there are a lot of poor examples out there. Mine sold quick and when inspected the mechanic was impressed even though the car had only done 68,000kms. Overall it was a great daily driver and very comfortable.

I am now on my second R33 GTR and the build quality shit's all over the 34 GTT. Everything about the cars interior, driveline and exterior(debatable due to preference) is a cut above the 34 GTT. You will be able to find good R33 GTR's for under 30k without to much trouble in fairly standard condition, my fist one was mint and i only ever sold it because i had nowhere to keep it due to work. The interior was like new, the engine rebuilt and everything in perfect condition and i bought and sold it for around $28,000 and that was a series 2 96 model but i know i sold it oo cheap because i had offers for over 30 after i sold it. Overall, an awesome driving experience but a little less frienly as a daily driver than the GTT but you get a LOT more bang for your buck with the GTR.

I have driven S15's and they are a fun driving experience but the GTT and GTR i found better on the street and more practical size wise as well. The S15 is a small car and feels that way inside. I am quite broad shouldered and it feels like a matchbox car to me.

If your fuel bill is not an issue then go a GTR, if you need a more practical daily driver then its the GTT and if you want something a little lighter in weight, on fuel and dont mind a little less room(dont have to carry to many passengers) and are not too tall then go the S15.

I have a R34 GTT, but still like the S15's as they look and feel much sportier. They are low slung and you sit lower so as a result things feel much sportier.

But yeah alot of S15's around, although nowadays there are also heaps of R34 GTTs around now as well.

R34 let down is its weight, which can be a little annoying at times. I think the S15's respond equally well the power mods as the R34 so I wouldnt worry about that.

As with everyone else, drive both and see what you like. No car sticks out much better than the other, its down to personal pref I guess.

considering you have a budget of around 28k. i would choose the 34. your going to have cash that you would have otherwise spent on a stockish S15 to play around with for the 34. personalise it, and make it want you want

also: 34's

- look tougher

- are less common (2 people in my street..mid aged women, driving stockers..aint gonna happen with a 34)

- are a true import (unless you get the jspec 15..then again your budget may not be enough for a nice one)

- more torque

- more roomy

- last of a dying breed

- turn more heads (lets face it, most people love attention from their car)

however, love the s15's shape, looks great with some wheels and lowered, but id go a 34

also: 34's

hmm..........

- are less common

Some things are rare for a reason, and that reason isn't necessarily positive.

- are a true import

I'm not sure why that's important.

- more torque

Offset by more weight. A truck has more torque than a car, too.

- last of a dying breed

As opposed to the Silvia, which was discontinued before the R34.....?

ha. just my 2c of what i would want and some reasons i though id add.

no need to get too critical. :)

i agree with you, didnt factor in the weight and forgot about the dying breed with regards to the silvia.

• 4 weeks later...

R34 GTT for sure! s15's are too small...and R34s look way better!!

My friend has an s15, he took me for a spin in it, not very fast but handled better than my R34 at the time (I had standard suspention).

Iv always been an RB fan and R34 fan, id take that over an s15 anyday

I know how it feels to be confused on which model to get.

Depends on what you what to do with it. Personally, Ive owned both and if I had to choose again, I would have the S15.

Good luck with your purchase.

one thing is for sure.... you will get heaps more economy out of an s15

im lucky to get 400k's out of my 34 driving like a granny.....

I went through the same decision one year ago and fell inlove with my Sedan r34 when i saw it....

personally, im CBF'd with 2 doors..... I prefer the look of the R34.

Absolutely love the tone of an RB engine (especially on limiters!! :ninja: )

I have Tien's in mine and it handles like a dream, good stock power too i think.

So I say unless you want about 150ks more out of your tank... go for the 34!!!

I drive an R34, never looked back. Test drove plenty of different cars, s15's and S14's, Supra's, etc, etc along with owning an R33 and the R34 GTT wins for bang for your buck... power, looks, style, handling. IMO!!!