SAU Community

All In Japan Working Or Have Contacts In Japan!

devil jin

i cant pander to this much longer. I dont know how you can Rezz, Im not going to mince words with Tales.

You can get a license in Japan and you have been given a link. What Rezz failed to mention is that, depending on which state youre from obtaining the license may involve more headaches than you imagine. Cover yourself by obtaining a COMPLETE transcript of your ENTIRE driving history because recently the JPN trans authorities have become very anal about handing over licenses due to japanese nationals heading overseas, getting a license from Oz on the cheap and then returning to have it converted. You must be able to state you have driven for more than 3 months in Australia to comply with the guidelines.

Dont even bother thinking about bringing a car over here. You obviously dont know how expensive it is to insure, register, and even park let alone run a car here. Shaken ( mandatory vehicle inspection ) is like taking the car to the pits except you have to do it every year or couple of years depending on how much you pay, and theres no getting around it. Add over 1500 to your bill right there. Shipping the car from THERE to HERE is a ridiculous idea. You can get a drift car cheap here, just have a rough search through yahoo.co.jp.

I thought you were going to sell the car for funds before you came over? Do you have more than one car?

The drift scene in and around Tokyo is alive and probably the biggest. Who told you it wasnt? Thats nonsense. Gunma is a stones throw from tokyo and home to many drift businesses. Mt Akagi, Haruna and Miyogi and there. Everyone knows of the Akagi Red suns from initial D. Nikko, which is just outside tokyo has one of the most famous drift strips in the country which is 1 way each way with both a downhill and uphill challenge called "irohazaka". the road has the name because there are 48 characters in the Japanese alphabet and the road has 48 curves. You can see all the drift damage on the railings as you drive along. Its a great road to attack.

dont listen to those rezz et al..theyre from Kansai ( Kobe, Osaka and the like ). They think they know everything about Tokyo even though they live 900 kilometres away. :blink::yes:

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You seem to be forgetting (lol wtf?) that theres a bunch of Japanese people that - now hold on to your undies here - can actually speak English!

Now iddn't dat somfin???? :yes:

you dont even need to speak English if you are "Charisma man". You just say "now".

By the way rezz, Pete was telling me about commissioning photos for your website. Hows that coming along?

Edited by m3gtr

Yep I have two cars, the one im selling is my supra but i have a 96 Falcon as my drift car, reason being i also like my domestic cars and would consider it to be more individual to have on in JP but sounds like thats not going to happen if its going to be a nightmare lol. Soz if my information of japan is lacking :blink: but i hear all sorts of things about Tokyo. ie to expensive to live in, no places for drifting nearby etc. But it helps to have someone clear this stuff up for me since i didnt know of anyone in tokyo. So do you need a driving history transcript? haha err mine aint to flash tho o.0 but ive had my license here for 4 years lol I think i recall you saying something about you getting your japanese license?? whats the process you've had to go through at tha moment? So your originally from JP? Im heading up to the mines soonish so i will be saving like a mofo until i head off for my holiday :yes: is the food expensive in Tokyo?? cos i think thats where most of my moolah is going to go into hahahaa!

*snip*

Wha...?

Fair enough about the drivers license thing, I've had mine for over 4 years and wasn't aware of all that transcript stuff you were talking about. I certainly wasn't required to get a transcript of my driving history but I guess things have changed. The link I posted was just an overview of the process required for gett a D/L in Japan, and fortunately for Aussies it's very easy compared to what people from the US have to go through. Having said that, if you want to go into step by step minute detail with someone who may or may not even get their license in Japan, then be my guest :(

You just repeated what I said about bringing a car over to Japan (ie: don't) but did it in your own 'doomsday' style... No offense mate :D

Anyway I'm not trying to outdo you in the 'holy shit I'm Mr JAPAN! :D ' stakes, just adding a different perspective to give to those people who want to know. It did raise my eyebrows when you said 'forget Osaka' and 'you'll only need 2 days there'... like it was some backwater town? Far from it. In fact (you'll know this already from your Ganguro days ;) ) Osaka leads the nation in Yamanba/Center Guy fashion, Tokyo is actually one season behind... :yes:

Whatever... peace God bless :blink:

I got my aus license transferred a few years back. no real dramas but i did spend the whole day at the licensing centre. I didnt have transcripts of my driving history so had to go over everything from my driving past. Who taught me, how many lessons, what kind of lessons, what the test was like. one of the chicks at the centre spoke english though so it was too easy.

Anyway, just grab a working holiday visa and come over here for a few months.whats the worst that could happen?

Wha...?

Fair enough about the drivers license thing, I've had mine for over 4 years and wasn't aware of all that transcript stuff you were talking about. I certainly wasn't required to get a transcript of my driving history but I guess things have changed. The link I posted was just an overview of the process required for gett a D/L in Japan, and fortunately for Aussies it's very easy compared to what people from the US have to go through. Having said that, if you want to go into step by step minute detail with someone who may or may not even get their license in Japan, then be my guest ;)

You just repeated what I said about bringing a car over to Japan (ie: don't) but did it in your own 'doomsday' style... No offense mate :)

Anyway I'm not trying to outdo you in the 'holy shit I'm Mr JAPAN! :w00t: ' stakes, just adding a different perspective to give to those people who want to know. It did raise my eyebrows when you said 'forget Osaka' and 'you'll only need 2 days there'... like it was some backwater town? Far from it. In fact (you'll know this already from your Ganguro days ;) ) Osaka leads the nation in Yamanba/Center Guy fashion, Tokyo is actually one season behind... :unsure:

Whatever... peace God bless :laugh:

Doomsday? "holy shit im in japan stakes"? You got me all wrong rezz. I really dont care where anyone lives in Japan simply due to the fact that fate and circumstance often decide the direction a person goes. No offense to Tales but bringing over a 96 falcon?! for crying out loud. :D

If i want to go into detail for the sake of the OP i will and thats my prerogative. I hope you can understand that. As an aside, when i said i wasnt going to pander to such an outlandish idea, i meant it and you have taken that as the apocalypse. A bit of an over exaggeration?

On the license, Tales, the details on the transcript arent important. You just need to show youve been driving in Oz for more than 3 months and have it translated.

It is very easy for Aussies as has been mentioned, KPH, drive on the left, wheel on the right, etc. You can even change that license d- license with a simple practical exam, providing you know how to ride, into a middle bike license here which is 400 cc's i believe.

Rezz, you know your a closet gyaru lover.. :santa:

Btw, don't listen to m3gtr and his anit-Osaka sentiment... he's obviously tried to break into the Ganguro scene here in Namba and got rejected. Hard. :D:unsure:

Rezz, you should understand from your post why i reacted, jokingly ofcourse. :santa:

..for some reason, ive always wanted to wear gyaruou fashion..it just looks right somehow whilst being simultaneously, comprehensively offending..

heres some of my Shibuya crew..

post-33653-1185758072_thumb.jpg

Edited by m3gtr

What is Ganguro and gyaruou?!?!?! I luv their fashion sense though :action-smiley-069: ohh and no offense taken i luv getting crap from people about the car hahaha but when they get outdone in a Falcon, i luv that even more lol

What is Ganguro and gyaruou?!?!?! I luv their fashion sense though :P ohh and no offense taken i luv getting crap from people about the car hahaha but when they get outdone in a Falcon, i luv that even more lol

Gyaru are female and Gyaruo are male ---gyaru and gyaruo literally mean "young punks" . Ganguro literally translates into "youth gang"..it doesnt have positive connotations in the publics eye but we all say "Shouganai" as in " what can you do about it?"

These youths dress like they got their clothes from the trash, dye their hair white, grey, silver, red,--you name it, have trashy attitudes to go along with their looks- they detest talking to foreigners in general, they hang about looking tough yet appear to be more like social refuse in the city hubs such as Harajuku, shibuya and Yokohama. They get fake tans until their skin turns almost black, girls wear name brand anything they can get their hands on... chanel, gucci and louis vuitton being favorites..

They are bad enough but then you have the "yamamba" which is literally "mountain witch"..these people look act and smell hideous..multi colour, skanky unkempt hair, skanky clothes, skanky attitudes..pretty much everything wreaks of skankness...utterly horrifying if you ask me..i dont touch them with a 20 foot stobey pole. They are fun to take pictures of though just to show the world how the youth of Japan has degenerated.

The trick with these types is never to ask if a photo is okay..just walk right up and snap one in their faces. If they dont like it, tough shit..they would offer you an even lower level of politeness anyways...

trust me, yamamba fashion sense is never to be appreciated.

I suppose i should be glad Rezz likened me to a Gyaruo..at least that way he thinks ive got money and attitude even if he doesnt like it..

but i know hes a closet gyaru otaku.( otaku translates to a geek or nerd..a maniac for something )..i have to admit even ive seen some pretty stinking hot gyaru before that made me think twice.. :( :laughing-smiley-014: :action-smiley-069::)

Ooo got any pics of the gyaru? hahaa gotta luv that word "skankness" :) ive seen pics of the cosplay girls.....hot much?! lol at the "Put something in the car" and im more than certain he aint talking about car refreshner trees :action-smiley-069: but i dnno bout snapping a pick infront of about 20 of em.... if they smell as bad as you say i dnt intend on getting on their bad side huahuahua! one second its like photo time **SNAP** :P and then....**FKN BANG !!!** :( lol

Ooo got any pics of the gyaru? hahaa gotta luv that word "skankness" :) ive seen pics of the cosplay girls.....hot much?! lol at the "Put something in the car" and im more than certain he aint talking about car refreshner trees :action-smiley-069: but i dnno bout snapping a pick infront of about 20 of em.... if they smell as bad as you say i dnt intend on getting on their bad side huahuahua! one second its like photo time **SNAP** :P and then....**FKN BANG !!!** :( lol

That never happens. They care about no one else but themselves and someone taking photos of them enhances their reputation, however bad it may be.

pah, ive only asked if it was alright once, was refused, but took the photo anyway. Once i learned they dont give a toss, i began to feel much the same.

its just a phase anyway. Most of them are still in their teens and early twenties and this time for them is like a big lash out at corporate and social expectations that will inevitably impose themselves upon them in the next few years..

i suppose im making excuses for them but i can understand the situation. As a gaijin youre never really required to hold to the same expectations and so society treats you very differently.

It was just a general to go with KFM, love that, got a gsxr suzuki 250 for 400 bucks in there.

well its a good one. Its from people all over japan, a melting pot and ive been a member for a while now but recently the gaijin pot has become more like a garbage pot..flame wars galore. backbiting, long time members getting banned for racist and sexist comments..messy. Still good advice can be had through there.

Tales, go ahead and become a member but be prepared for some heat. You will most certainly get answers to your questions if you post them there, whatever they may be..

on secon thoughts,

Cmon boys lets try and make SAU Japan section like a mini GP minus the backstabbing! :(:action-smiley-069:

Never used the forum much but you can get an email with regular updates of what jobs are available, might give you a bit of feel for whats about. Also has acommodation and prices for the same.

Never used the forum much but you can get an email with regular updates of what jobs are available, might give you a bit of feel for whats about. Also has acommodation and prices for the same.

thats true..

heres another one with the muthalode of jobs in Japan...

just do this...

"Ready to get serious about finding an English teaching job in Japan? You can pick up a copy of the complete current issue of O-Hayo Sensei free by sending a message to [email protected] with the text "get issue" in either the subject or body of your e-mail and the complete current issue will arrive in your e-mailbox within a few hours."

there are hundreds of up to date jobs listings in here every 2 months. I was staggered by the amount of positions.

Hahaa gotta love the backstabbing bit huh! Sure i will sign up, looks like i will be heading over sooner than i though (holiday that is) so im trying to study up on my japanese, gonna take a crapload of pics to :D So whats the deal with having to own a parking spot to have a car :S how does that work hahahaa? So they really got an attitude prob? weird as they came across as nice...err..well they're smiling in like most of the photos ive seen...or maybve its a cover up 0.o

you may be able to do it but your biggest problem will be the language. You will need at least a ni kyu before a company will touch you and at level you need to know at least 6000 kanji. Thats a staggering amount and if you want to know the truth, i only know about 200. Ask Poida a question if you have time. Hes going for his Ni kyu this year and hes worked like a dog to get there..and that while living over here. Hes the man to talk to.

Even with 2nd level, jobs doing anything apart from teaching are few and far between. 1st level might get you somewhere, but only if you have other skills as well.

And you are right, 6000 kanji is a staggering amount. It's about 2000 more than the average Japanese person knows, and 4000 more than you need to pass 1st level.

Edited by dodgybrooks

You need proof of parking before you can even buy a car let alone register one.

Parking rates vary but space in japan is at a premium and as such, the closer you get to the city centres, the more you will pay...

In the area i live in, parking can be had for 100AUS a month. You head in towards the major cities and expect to pay upwards of 500 to 600 dollars AUS even more each month.