SAU Community

All In Japan Working Or Have Contacts In Japan!

devil jin

I was lucky enough to spreak to the only girl in Osaka and ask her, rezz may back me up here as I'm sure he's spoken to her too (I know shes been to Kobe because actually all of western japan has to share her).

Who's this girl you speak of?

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Who's this girl you speak of?

I was eluding to the post in which he implied all the girls are in tokyo, I was being facitious to then imply there is such a short supply of women in western japan, there is infact only one.

I was eluding to the post in which he implied all the girls are in tokyo, I was being facitious to then imply there is such a short supply of women in western japan, there is infact only one.

Hehe... I feel like an idiot now for asking :D

don't worry momo, I got it first go! and I must say you are a funny, funny guy. lol.

I wont step in the middle of this argument, need to consider international relations, but I will say I agree on the money thing. Most my aussie friends who have moved to japan for work (ie moved for their career, not just to have a good time for a couple of years) are earning over the 1 mil per month mark from their 'day' jobs, I personally wouldn't consider moving there for any less than that. but as Adam points out being a teacher does give plenty of opportunity to do other work and bring in other money but still...

and I also agree about the other earning point. Japanese Girls that I've known in japan have ranged from working in finance, to working at the airport and getting the train to tokyo for a big weekend, to working in HR in tokyo but living in Kanagawa, to working for docomo, to working as waitresses and everything in between. and yes most of them would not be on stellar salaries.

Holy freaking shit...what was i thinking :S i gotta move to Tokyo hahaa..no....wait...are you serious theres only one girl.....! Mmm there are nice girls also in f*kuoka ^^. OH by the way im 21......although id be mistaken for someone thats 12? something to do with the immaturity of my mentallity...if that made any sense...cos i cant seem to make anything of it lol. Ohh man jager bombs are awse...jus thought id let you guys know...if you dont already know....so you know....that they are all good...n' stuff. Type in Russel Peters in youtube ( Funny shit )...( if your into stand up comedy ) \^o^./ do they have jager bombs in JP?

Tales, if you want to know about the situation in Osaka/Kyoto/Kobe, check out the Kansai Flea Market: http://www.kfm.to/indexe.html ...click on downloads for weekly pdf's of the mag for a no bullshit view of the work and accomodation situation there. Bare in mind that this is only info geared towards foreigners, it's not an accurate view of the *entire* situation in those areas (which is huge).

recently ive felt that m3gtr has been/ is a bit of of a cocky bastard. but he is exactly right. i couldnt have put it better myself.

im definitely not trying to come across as cocky. i can see why some would say that but ive only tried to give it as straight as i can. Its not easy to come over here, enjoy the sights sounds and lifestyle AND make some decent coin. its hard for 90% of people who try it.

im not saying dont give it a go but im being realistic here.

I wanna head over once I have my A grade electrical licence, (should of had it 2 years ago but got lazy). Would you guys know how hard it is to land work as a qualified tradesmen over there?

you may be able to do it but your biggest problem will be the language. You will need at least a ni kyu before a company will touch you and at level you need to know at least 6000 kanji. Thats a staggering amount and if you want to know the truth, i only know about 200. Ask Poida a question if you have time. Hes going for his Ni kyu this year and hes worked like a dog to get there..and that while living over here. Hes the man to talk to.

Tales, if you want to know about the situation in Osaka/Kyoto/Kobe, check out the Kansai Flea Market: http://www.kfm.to/indexe.html ...click on downloads for weekly pdf's of the mag for a no bullshit view of the work and accomodation situation there. Bare in mind that this is only info geared towards foreigners, it's not an accurate view of the *entire* situation in those areas (which is huge).

Hey cheers buddy! jus downloading a pdf reader now. How'd you come across this btw?

Meh im not fussed at the advice i get from people, esp if Adam puts it like that hahaa but like he said the moolah would be a prob and i certainly dont wanna be broke...oh noes i could jus see it now **AT A BAR: "Hey there sexay momma, can i buy you a drink?" girl- "omg your hot as, sure sure...id like a ......." me- "sure thing gorgeous...errmm...would you like that raspberry cruiser in a shot glass....otherwise...do you have a spare 800 ¥?" Girl-".......... o.0"

(Note lines used in this are for fictional conversation use - i have no intention of speaking like this in an ACTUAL club hahaaha)

See what the major issue is, how could i possible pick up with out a car and money, i mean i might as well take my chances in an elderly village.

Hahaha but on a more positive note im def heading over in about 2 months time-ish for a holiday, so be awsome to get a good look around :D

Hey cheers buddy! jus downloading a pdf reader now. How'd you come across this btw?

Meh im not fussed at the advice i get from people, esp if Adam puts it like that hahaa but like he said the moolah would be a prob and i certainly dont wanna be broke...oh noes i could jus see it now **AT A BAR: "Hey there sexay momma, can i buy you a drink?" girl- "omg your hot as, sure sure...id like a ......." me- "sure thing gorgeous...errmm...would you like that raspberry cruiser in a shot glass....otherwise...do you have a spare 800 ¥?" Girl-".......... o.0"

(Note lines used in this are for fictional conversation use - i have no intention of speaking like this in an ACTUAL club hahaaha)

See what the major issue is, how could i possible pick up with out a car and money, i mean i might as well take my chances in an elderly village.

Hahaha but on a more positive note im def heading over in about 2 months time-ish for a holiday, so be awsome to get a good look around :laugh:

a holiday is the best place to start. Trust me. I know you think what tell you is all doom and gloom, but im being totally realistic about it. I dont want you to have to endure times you havent anticipated happening. mate. its not easy over here but a holiday should sort out the wheat from the chaff.

You dont need a ride to hook in with the girls. Whoever told you that needs a good bollocking. Just go to the nearest club and there are plenty to talk to. Its not hard...at least its never been hard for me to initiate a conversation. Having said that, if you dont speak japanese, dont count on that convo lasting for more than a minute!

Some are saying Osaka. Im saying Tokyo. whatever..its still your money.

If it were my money though, let me tell you what id do with it...

Spend at least a few days in Tokyo. Theres so much here it will blow your mind. Head down to Kyoto for a few days and see all there is to see there and theres a lot to see. A little bit futher south is osaka. a day or two there will be enough. Around Osaka, in the Hyogo prefecture is Nara and Kobe.

you should also save a day or so to visit Hiroshima. the history is deep and the city is definitely a phoenix that rose from the ashes. Im going there with wife week after next. itll be memorable im sure.

Before you even think of doing any of these things get a "LONELY PLANET GUIDE TO JAPAN". that is your first step. Its a wealth of information written by people who have seen basically all there is to see.

The KFM is an institution amongst foreigners in Kansai. It's been going for about 20 years or more(?) now and has probably helped about 99% of the foreigners here whether it be finding jobs/accomodation, a sayonara sale or just useful info. I actually got my very first copy almost 7 years ago now (jeezuz has it been that long?) at a tourist information counter at a train station.

You don't need a car... girls more often than not don't care about cars here. Money on the other hand... :) it's the same as in any country.

Btw, don't listen to m3gtr and his anit-Osaka sentiment... he's obviously tried to break into the Ganguro scene here in Namba and got rejected. Hard. :laugh::)

The KFM is an institution amongst foreigners in Kansai. It's been going for about 20 years or more(?) now and has probably helped about 99% of the foreigners here whether it be finding jobs/accomodation, a sayonara sale or just useful info. I actually got my very first copy almost 7 years ago now (jeezuz has it been that long?) at a tourist information counter at a train station.

You don't need a car... girls more often than not don't care about cars here. Money on the other hand... ;) it's the same as in any country.

Btw, don't listen to m3gtr and his anit-Osaka sentiment... he's obviously tried to break into the Ganguro scene here in Namba and got rejected. Hard. :):laugh:

im not anti Osaka! far from it..im just pro Tokyo. Your right about the ganguro though, i never quite fit in with black skin and garbage clothing...never been the same since that.. :laugh::)

Hmm I see, i mean all for Tokyo as I like the city life but i also heard there isnt a big drift scene in Tokyo? thats why im more reserved to check out other regions of JP, although having said that I also like the feel of the non conjested prefectures, nice windy roads and not to much of a treck from a drift track :laugh: btw whats "ganguro"? hahaa and no i dont intend on going over to JP until i have a small grasp of the language but im hoping to be more than semi fluent in reading/speaking Japanese by the time i move over there, i have a friend on msn that teaches me whenever she can although its kinda difficult to remember as I dont have anyone else to talk to in japanese :) but im working on that lol. Hey Justin whats the prerequisites to obtaining a drivers license or can i just drive on an international drivers license? I wouldnt mind bringing over my drift car and using it over there, that would be awse! but yet not sure on the laws. Any links to a website for furthur info?

Hey Justin whats the prerequisites to obtaining a drivers license or can i just drive on an international drivers license? I wouldnt mind bringing over my drift car and using it over there, that would be awse! but yet not sure on the laws. Any links to a website for furthur info?

This link is very helpful regarding the drivers license/international D/L: http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e2022.html

Regarding importing your car to Japan: Even if you're not scared away by the frieght cost and associated paperwork, getting it registered (while not impossible) would be too expensive to justify for most people... especially when you could pick up a drift car with all the gear ready to go for about $5,000 give or take. (assuming you become a resident of Japan)

Ahh awsome it states that holders of an Australian D/L can simply go to a licensing center and produce a translation of your current license etc without having to do a practical test..KOOL!

^^^ lol wtf?

still how the hell do u go out or even "pick up" (so to speak) if u cant have a conversation in japanese??? haha

it'd suck ass

You seem to be forgetting (lol wtf?) that theres a bunch of Japanese people that - now hold on to your undies here - can actually speak English!

Now iddn't dat somfin???? :yes: