SAU Community

Detailed The V35

Seeing as the weather is so shitty here in Sydney at the moment, thought I would spend the weekend giving the V35 a detail. That and the fact that I can't drive it until it goes through the identity check on Tuesday, made it a good way to spend the weekend.

Unfortunately the tiny bit of sun I had dissapeared before I could get any decent pics but here's a couple I took anyway. You can see the sun is gone in the last pic. :-)

The process was

Wash/Dry

Maguire's Clay bar

Zaino Z-AIO

Zaino Z-CS

I've got Zaino Z-8 as well for a final layer but I'm stuffed and this is good enough.

Oh and yes i know it needs new wheels. I've got Tein 350Z springs at home, just have to decide on wheels now.

Cheers

oh and images are quite big when opened

post-194-1182051792_thumb.jpgpost-194-1182051879_thumb.jpgpost-194-1182051960_thumb.jpg

post-194-1182052043_thumb.jpg

man thats an awesome shine. i thought i was hard to get decent shine/reflection on silver cars. try the mothers clay next time. its softer than the meguires and less likely to scuff your paint work. well done though

looks great, mate :thumbsup:

the stock wheels aren't too bad actually, i wouldn't write them off altogether

what's the go with 350z springs? are they a direct replacement?

thanks guys,

yeah the 350z springs are exactly the same, but they sit about 1/2 an inch lower than the V35 version of the same springs.

Basti, yeah I noticed the Meg's clay scuffed a few times, but I took it quite easy so didn't have too many probs. I'll give the Mothers a shot next time.

awesome news on the springs... so this is for front and rear? and they're a direct replacement without replacing anythign else?

Yep all 4.

Ideally you should replace the shocks, but there are thousands of people who put in lowered springs without upgrading the shocks. Personally, I'm only doing the springs at this stage.

I've got no plans to turn the car into a weekend track car ( even though I might do the odd track day).