SAU Community

R32 Gtst

Nefret

My car leaks Coolant from the inside like its allo on the mats and shit, i dont know whats wrong i thought maybe it was a hose but we fixed it and it is still leaking... so my car overheats and what not... i dont know whats wrong ?? help !!

My car leaks Coolant from the inside like its allo on the mats and shit, i dont know whats wrong i thought maybe it was a hose but we fixed it and it is still leaking... so my car overheats and what not... i dont know whats wrong ?? help !!

You most likely have a cracked heater core...

You can bypass it for the time being (until you get it repaired). Theres two coolant hoses in the engine bay that pass through the firewall; disconnect them from the firewall and join them together in some fashion.

Yep your heater core has gone... this happens when the water stagnates in the core and rusts it. Do a search in the forum for "heater core replacement". A second hand one will cost between $100 - $150 and will involve a lot of work on your part. Most workshops quote around $1000 to change as it is a big job.

Good luck

Hey guys i think im having a simular problem with my r32 gtst.

I have to keep toppping up the radiator coolant everyday, its leaking somewhere, and i cant seem to see exactly where from.

I got under the car and couldnt see water dripping from anywhere at all!

I have to keep toppping it up everyday otherwise the car overheats and steam piss'es out from the top of the engine bay.

What are the other possible causes of a issue like this????

Cheers

Tone.

Number 1 - Check that all your hoses are tight and are not cracked. Pressure builds when the system gets warm. The leak may be closed when cold but when your engine warms the cracks or loose hoses can open up and leak. Hoses should NOT be "scrunchy" when you squeeze them. - also check your radiator for coolant stains - on the top and bottom tanks and on the core itself.

Number 2 - How many kms has your car done? If more than 100,000 and you haven't fitted a new water pump - Time to do so.

The seals in it wear out and leak.

Number 3 - How full is the radiator over flow bottle? Check if this level is between min and max. If the bottle is full then there is a chance your car is overheating and the water is coming out through there.

would be best to replace both radiator hoses if you have an old r32.

Mine sprung a leak and pissed coolant all over the engine bay.

The hole was a size of a pin, but due to the high pressure in the system it sprayed it all out.

Picked up a top radiator hose from nissan for $60, but i hear you can buy a pair from autobarn for $120 now