• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest INASNT
Originally posted by Soulja

ahahahaha :bahaha: :bahaha: :bahaha: :bahaha:  

ok where should i start on this one;

ok i got it my vette is a 1988 model which can hold over 500rwhp on it rear (dana 44), people in the states have got up to 650 if im not wrong. now lets see the skyline we are talking about is a r_33 which is mid to late 90's and can hold around 500hp also how is that stronger than my vette? or other american cars?

I would like to see this guy race me in feb next yr (04), some how i dont think his 400 or 500hp skyline will come close my 500rwhp vette.

:) learn about car and then can i reply to this. if a rear-end in a 80's america car is as good or better than rear-end in a 90's skyline how then is the american car the pos? hmmm

after that who cars, its still an american piece of junk with shit quality controlled parts! :D

Latest HPI magazine tested the new C5 vette vs a R33 GTR and even tho the $95,000 C5 beat the $45,000 R33 by around 0.3 secs in a straight line when the corners came around say by by to the C5 in the rear vision mirror. And the ending statement was quite accurate it read something like this, 'While the GTR has been designed by engineers the Vette seems to have had more input into its design by the marketing department than any engineer, it looks the goods but cant delivery them'!!

Now back on topic.

Soulja, gearbox? Shift kit? What have they got to do with anything? I will give you the benefit of the doubt re: the brakes and assume you are talking about pads only. But you forgot to mention tyres.

Lepperfish, you shouldn't have to upgrade your fuel system until you get over 220rwkw or so. So if you get a 500hp turbo and can't afford the fuel system upgrade, just run it on lower boost until you can. EBC does wonders in this regard.

If my memory serves me right, from what i saw in the state on my last visit, is that the quality control officers inspects the cars at 30 feet distance!!!!! well almost from that distance anyway.

Originally posted by T0nyGTSt

Fuel rails can get expensive. Really I don't see the point of a fuel rail if it makes the whole thing more than the Sard/Nismo side feeds.

T.

Umm it really cost him SFA cause he made it from efi hose...Just t'd off the hose for ever injector etc etc, cost him SFA in the end...maybe $60 for the whole rail including fittings, and he used the stock FPR so thats not an issue..... Twas easy as to fit and works well!!

Soulja im afraid to say that i have never heard of anyone blowing up diffs in skylines..They might loose they LSD effect but i've never seen anyone blow one up..or 1/2 shafts for that matter either...Or gearbox's.... They are strong buggers, well over engineered :D

Originally posted by JimX

Soulja, gearbox? Shift kit? What have they got to do with anything? I will give you the benefit of the doubt re: the brakes and assume you are talking about pads only. But you forgot to mention tyres.

Lepperfish, you shouldn't have to upgrade your fuel system until you get over 220rwkw or so. So if you get a 500hp turbo and can't afford the fuel system upgrade, just run it on lower boost until you can. EBC does wonders in this regard.

Yeah im wanting to do the upgrade in one hit, so I can see maximum results, what do you think if this turbo ? New 2835 pro s with t 3 flange, will give 300rwkw at around 1.3 bar and costs $3100 new... How much boost on the standard rb25 engine ?

Guest INASNT

might wanna see if u can get the engine pro tune

:bonk: what are u talking about mate?

Guest INASNT

Get the engine Professional Tune (by a tuning company) this will result in the engine being able to hold more hp (not to mention u will get extra hp and torque)

thats a gibbon!

do u seriously live in Australia?? professional tuning company?? hehe havent heard it said like that before!

Guest robertr

Ask GCG for their best price on a brand new Garrett GT40R with .82 AR rear and fit a external wastegate. Ask Brett there about his GT40R .82 with internal wastegate that will bolt straight in. He said they are coming in in around 2 weeks. Then email me your price and I'll see if I can beat that for you.

[email protected]