SAU Community

R32 Cruise Control

Hi guys!

Did a quick search and couldn't really find anything, so I thought i'd start a topic.

I just recently (i.e Yesterday, lol) picked up my '92 GTR from the dealer and i'm already curious about fitting cruise control. I imagine a cruise control unit isn't specific to any particular models of cars, so I was wondering whether it would be possible to hook up cruise control to the 2 radio control buttons mounted on the dash (AM/FM and Tune i think they are). Obviously the stock head unit has been replaced, and these buttons no longer function so I figured I could put them to good use.

From what I read, the R33's had cruise control, perhaps I could find and R33 control unit at a wreckers and take it somewhere to be fitted?

Is my theory along the right lines, or is CC a lot more complicated than that?

With any turbo car you need to have installed a electronic cruise control (not the ones that use vacume). These are more in price to buy and install, but anywere that sells cruise control units should be able to get them.

As for the buttons on the dash, it may be able to be dont but would cost $$$$ as the switches would have to be custom made.

If you are handy with a soldering iron maybe try one of the Jaycar cruise control kits and make it yourself, it should be pretty easy to connect up to the spare radio controls.

• 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...

cruise control was a factory option for r32 models as shown by chris' post linking the factory items via FAST

I didn't know that, sounds cool. I wonder if the same parts can be used on a 32 GTR ..

I didn't know that, sounds cool. I wonder if the same parts can be used on a 32 GTR ..

Chris mentioned in his other thread that the parts appear to no longer be available from Nissan. The only way to get a factory cruise control would be to find one fitted to a car. Im unsure if all 32s use the same loom, but its probable that they did, in which case the plugs would be definitely there in the GTR as well as all the gtst models.

Cruise control was an option on R32's, it's more common on 4 doors, second hand factory cruise is awesome but very hard to find. I put factory cruise in my R32 GTR. Here's what you need to do... find a 32 with cruise.. You will need the Wiring harness that goes under the dash and into the engine bay as it is different, instrument cluster, brake switch, clutch switch, control unit, on/off switch, set/decelerate/accelerate switch, vacuum pump, vacuum reservoir, diaphragm/cable, throttle linkage and hours and hours of labour... Alternatively any aftermarket cruise will work and is easy to install, you will need a vacuum reservoir if the car is turbocharged... A speed sensor can be bought separately which bolts in between the gearbox and speedo cable, command ap 150 tends to be a good unit...