• 4 weeks later...

still some to finish off

needs the following :

cut out to clear the fuse box mount

billet alloy filler cap

holes for the washer pumps

-10 fittings for the breather hoses

drain plug for catch can side

finish fillet welding the 2 bits together (amps needed keep throwing the breaker lol)

figure out what kind of outlet is required - either for filter or plumb back

looks good chris. making one up myself at the moment, how thick was the aluminium you used and what type of aluminium was it? Does it make much of a difference when it comes to welding if your using a soft or hard ally?

looks good chris. making one up myself at the moment, how thick was the aluminium you used and what type of aluminium was it? Does it make much of a difference when it comes to welding if your using a soft or hard ally?

This is 2.5mm alloy using 1.6mm filler rods

i am not sure on the grade of filler at this point or the alloy grade for the sheets- i just get off cuts and run some test welds to work out the best Amps for that alloy im using.

its just a shame the TIG im using does have a foot controller.

the welds on the 1 in the first post are FKING AWESOME . I'd take that in my engine bay any day...

second 1 doesn't look as neat, but I'm not bagging it, its a million times better than anything I could do!

yeah fair enough - first posts one was without filler

going to make a couple more and get them welded up without filler

the one above i'll get the fittings and filler welded on - this one would be fine for powdercoat as that neatens up the welds heaps.

you're doing good stuff man.

I might be interested in 1 of the split washer bottle/catch cans actually...probably just in the raw metal finish...any chance of PM'ing me with a rough price?

you're doing good stuff man.

I might be interested in 1 of the split washer bottle/catch cans actually...probably just in the raw metal finish...any chance of PM'ing me with a rough price?

let me finish this one off and then i'll let you know

would be different if using another dash fitting for legal plumb back versus getting a filter for it