SAU Community

V35 Insurance!?

Licence: 5 years

Car: 2004 Nissan Skyline V35 350GT coupe (Auto, Non-Premium)

Insurer: Just Car Insurance

Policy Type: Comprehensive (Modifications Inc.)

Rating: 1

Claims or Accidents, Thefts, Licence Suspension/Cancellations & Disqualifications: Nil

Payment: $1705 per year

Total Excess: $600

Edited by VNS 24

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Licence: 5 years

Car: 2004 Nissan Skyline V35 350GT coupe (Auto, Non-Premium)

Insurer: Just Car Insurance

Policy Type: Comprehensive (Modifications Inc.)

Rating: 1

Claims or Accident, Thefts, Licence Suspension/Cancellations & Disqualifications: Nil

Payment: $1705 per year

Total Excess: $600

why are you paying so much?

Mine is only $900 something

licence since 2004

" "

""

""

""

excess 600

why are you paying so much?

Mine is only $900 something

licence since 2004

" "

""

""

""

excess 600

Not sure, Nate. I didn't compare it with other insurer and I had to take my HBF insurance off when I arrived in Brisbane because they don't operate in QLD.

Did you cover your mods? I've got my wife as second driver as well. Maybe that's why?

Not sure, Nate. I didn't compare it with other insurer and I had to take my HBF insurance off when I arrived in Brisbane because they don't operate in QLD.

Did you cover your mods? I've got my wife as second driver as well. Maybe that's why?

NRMA will beat just car quote by 10% and u can get windscreen cover for $60 (well worth it).

I just did a just car quote and its $1014 just standard options, no mods (dont increase price anyways unless u put in a extra $ for wheels) but nrma wont recognise that so leave it off. NRMA will allow you to increase the insured value for eg 31,000 to 45,000 an extra $115 a year or something. When i was asking re turbo etc.. also you dont need to tell them about any drives as they will cover ANYONE that drives your car.

NRMA will beat just car quote by 10% and u can get windscreen cover for $60 (well worth it).

I just did a just car quote and its $1014 just standard options, no mods (dont increase price anyways unless u put in a extra $ for wheels) but nrma wont recognise that so leave it off. NRMA will allow you to increase the insured value for eg 31,000 to 45,000 an extra $115 a year or something. When i was asking re turbo etc.. also you don't need to tell them about any drives as they will cover ANYONE that drives your car.

Yeah, NRMA is good in that it covers any driver.

I chose Just Car mainly because of the mods and the car being an import. I covered the body kit and wheels. Maybe that jacked up the premium.

I will see how it goes. Some of my friends had bad experiences and some had good experiences with Just Cars.

Edited by VNS 24

I heard on the radio last week, that Perth has just become the car theft capital of Australia! YAY!!!!!

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/western-australia/wa-car-theft-leads-nation/story-e6frg143-1226133739412

I wonder if this will start to affect insurance premiums in the coming years?

That's bad. I hope it doesn't get worse for the sake of my friends back in Perth. Myself lived near Gosnell surburb so was pretty scary to hear that.

Regarding insurance, they might start going into which surburbs are high risk. My other car's insurance increased because my surburb in QLD was affected in that January flood.

Yeah, NRMA is good in that it covers any driver.

I chose Just Car mainly because of the mods and the car being an import. I covered the body kit and wheels. Maybe that jacked up the premium.

I will see how it goes. Some of my friends had bad experiences and some had good experiences with Just Cars.

NRMA will cover mods and import (as long as they are ADR approved). Only thing i dont like about NRMA is you dont have choice of repairer.

Just sorted out insurance for my 2005 350GT sedan today.

36 yr old male, no accident/claim history, clean driving record.

Just cars quoted $885 with excess adjusted to $600 (to match NRMA), called NRMA and they gave me $775(approx, can't recall exact figure), and also incresed the insured amount to match Just Car's agreed value.

The only down side is they couldn't include windscreen cover on the quote, but they said once the policy is paid, I can call up and add windscreen cover for $60.

• 3 months later...

I just changed my insurer to NRMA

23 now well in Jan.

1 at fault accident 2 years ago.

2006 coupe

$1740 with 1000 basic excess.

Mum is second driver - no accident history.

Before I put mums name they quoted $3100 -_-

I guess they believe if we share the car, there's less risk of an accident because mum has better driving history and less time for me behind the wheel lol

I think i just got a pretty good deal from NRMA

Car is 2008 v36, no claim/accident history, 31 years old, premium $1150, excess $550. Includes windscreen option (unlimited with $0 excess). Does not include car hire.

They matched a previous quote from just car and lowered by 10%. :banana:

I pay a shite load more than most.

Just cars

age 22

No at fault accidents

All mods insured

1 license suspension

Car insured for value $21 500

yearly $2800 ($2000 if I didnt have 1 license suspension)

And FYI for just cars - if you have an at fault accident you need to get 2 quotes from their preferred repairers but you can also get one of your own , however they have last say over who you have to get the damage repaired with

• 3 weeks later...

Hey fellas

Great forum for a great car. Just got a V35 and need to get it insured.

22yo

No accidents (got reared ended by taxi, not at fault)

On my green Ps (got another year)

Sydney

2003 350GT Auto 2 Door

Garaged

Probably put under my mum whose had 1 accident in 2008 (took 3 demerit points)

Paid 18000 for ~40k, perfect condition

How much should I be looking at?

Sofar JustCar and NRMA has been nice but no luck from other insurance companies (too expenisve or dont cover)