SAU Community

V35 Insurance!?

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Explain to me why any reasonable insurance company would insure a car for more than its worth?

That is just INVITING fraud to happen.

Well if yours gets written off, replacing it with one from Japan for the same price involves about a three month wait before it will be on the road, assuming you find a car of similar spec and condition quickly. To replace it locally will cost you more.

Really what it comes down to though is odds, it's a bet with agreed conditions. Part of that agreement is that you won't commit fraud and you can be sure if there is any hint of that they will investigate.

• 3 weeks later...

In in Melbourne, 26yo male. 2001 300gt.

Just car and RACV were the only ones who would insure this car, I was looking at the 250, then when I got the 300

RACV wanted an extra $36/month totalling $156, so I hate to think what a 350 would cost.

I ended up going with Just car, and it's only $128/month. ( I chose $700 excess rather than $500) I had an "at fault" (legally, but not REALLY lol) accident 2 years ago and wrote off a lancer and It only increased my premium by $4!

The nicest thing is the market value they give is $5700 more than what I paid!

• 5 months later...

AI Insurance?

never heard of them?

They are pretty good.

Affiliated under some huge insurance company...

I had someone damaging my left front panels and scratched my left rim, so i had to get those repaired.

AI insurance basically told me that I could choose any panel beater and their service was great.

I would recommend it. :)

I have a question. if i had an accident 3 years ago and i did put a claim through an old insurance company and do not declare this when i sign up for insurance with a new company, what can happen.

Can anyone with experience, YES i know if you make a claim with your new insurance company they may not pay but I want to see if anyone has a first hand account of this happening and what the result was with the new insurance company.

Edited by jawrgy

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, :/

My name is John from Sydney and I am a new to this thread.

I'm planning to buy a 350GT in any time soon...(will post a pic soooooonnnnnnnnn~~)

Just a quickie:

Who provides your insurance and how much are you paying??

Hi Mate,

I do have my 300GT over a year and I'm with Justcars. I do pay around $850p/y for comprehensive insurance. Just involved in an accident which was not my fault (a stupid lady run into my back) and the claim process was quick enough. I got my car fixed and havent paid a single cent. SO you might wanna consider it as an option.

Yo im 22, i have 20k on my car with NRMA lost licence so my excess is hgher then normal cauz of that reg excess is like $600 you can chose your agreed value for it i sat with 20k cauz i paid 19 for my V im paying like 1.5k a year with glass cover.

Yo im 22, i have 20k on my car with NRMA lost licence so my excess is hgher then normal cauz of that reg excess is like $600 you can chose your agreed value for it i sat with 20k cauz i paid 19 for my V im paying like 1.5k a year with glass cover.

wtf >< thats awesome, have you got your self as a nominated driver or something because 1.5k is pretty good especially with a loss of license.

• 2 months later...

My 370gt is getting closer and closer, it will be waiting in the garage for me when I get back from holiday :)

I have run some online quotes through the usual suspects and will need to ring around to places like Shannans as they dont list the v36 Skyline on their system, so far they are all in a similar ballpark.

Around $1100 - $1300 pa. for 31yo, rating 1, excess about $300 - $400 and to have the gf listed only costs a little more (shes 24). Thats with a value around the $45000 mark.

One of the better quotes comes from HBF, who I actually didnt think would cover imports until they were suggested to me for my RX7, the only issue is that they insist on dropping the value of the car by 20% EVERY year!?!? Does anyone know whether this is the standard when insuring imports? Will Just Cars etc do the same? I realise that some imports do drop in value very quickly but I'll be F&%Ked if my 370gt is going to drop in value quicker than a dime a dozen, top end Holden or Ford.

Obviously I can bump up the premium to raise the agreed value, but this seems pretty harsh to me.

Edited by Alkatraz

I just got mine from JustCar yesterday through online application, quoted around $1200 for a year, 24 years old, driving license since 18, no bad history records.

I have one question though, does JustCar cover windscreen/door glasses?

I couldnt find any mention of it. HBF do, add about $60, hire car too. Good thing with HBF is that they have shopfronts as well which always speeds up any claims process.

The only downside is this damn 20% per year depreciation.

I just got mine from JustCar yesterday through online application, quoted around $1200 for a year, 24 years old, driving license since 18, no bad history records.

send them n e-mail and see what they say. last i heard tho they dont provide it. but dont quote me on it.

I got my v35 insured through just car im 26 with one incident in the last 5 years and it cost me $142 per month but the car is insured for $32500

They... do... If you pay the full excess..

Had to deal with them towards the end of June when my car was broken into (smashed driver's side window).

Excess $500. (FYI they don't cover items taken from the car)

Anyway they were at least nice enough to tell me to look around to see if you can get it repaired for cheaper before lodging a claim (which I Managed to do)

I'd recommend reading the policy before you do sign up with them.

As it is I'm Switching back to RACV, Pay a little bit more, but, all in all better policy cover.

I've been quoted 1.8k full comp rating 1 with an agreed value of $28k (I'm 28, no prior claims) etc.

• 1 month later...

is your car Man or Auto? Coupe or Sedan?

JustCar website gives me quote of 1294 for 2003, 6 speed valued 23k for some reason. I am 27, driving since 18, no history. hmn.

also, has someone found a better deal on comprehensive insurance in Victoria than JustCar since thread wasn't active for almost a year?

Try Shannans if you have the car garaged, I know that they normally give ridiculously high quotes (I have tried them on a few of my previous cars) but they were the best on my 370. You just have to say that you watched the F1 on Sunday night and you're in lol, or mention this forum which probably works even better.

Mine is around $1300 for $45,000 agreed value and $500 excess for any driver 25 and over. That includes Car Hire, free window replacement etc etc. At first they wanted only to insure myself on the car and no other drivers so I said "ummmmm............no" and they changed it, then they also wanted to make me wait 3 years before protecting my No Claim Bonus so again I said "ummmmmm..............no" and they offered to protect it as long as I could provide the details of my past insurer, which I had the no claim discount with.

I had a very similar quote from HBF (I have a feeling they are purely WA), with a lower excess actually, but I know that they have a policy of depreciating the value of an imported car by 20% per year!!! The only way to get the quote with HBF is to go into one of the branches as they don't advertise the fact that they cover imports (I didn't know until FABCar here in Perth told me) and the only drawback is the 20% depreciation (although they did explain that if I had the car assessed by a valuer then they could raise it up).

31 years old (32 soon yikes), License since 17, no at fault accidents, couple of speeding fines over the past few years.