SAU Community

V35 Insurance!?

if your 20yo put it under ur parents name? Whats the price difference?

I'm 20yo, got a 350z although not a v35 same deal id rkn.

Got a quote for under my name, $3.5k comprehensive, under dads name with me driving 10% of the time, $700.

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any 20yo's got a quote :D, iv had 4500 from just car, comp standard xs, 8500 from famous, and i think it was 6000 from nrma.

shannon wants 3800 from me for com insurance, with 26 years old, sydney, once driver license disqualification in last 2 years. that license lost including speeding x2, red lights, accident,i thinks thats all. haven't got any quotes so far from any other companies yet. :(

$1200 through just cars (had a quote for $700 from fastr, but was wary bout dealing with online insurance companies I've never heard of).

Thats with no claims history, no disqualifications, mature (i try not to use the word old)

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

im with Shannons im 39 and have agreed value of $35000=$488 :P bargain

from what I have read here im on a good deal

but I must say its not my daily and thats why its a fair bit cheaper

Hi,

I'm 21 and I live in Sydney.

The cheapest I found was AI Insurance,

I'm insured for $2200 premium, $1800 excess.

2006 350GT coupe, the insurance company has a set market value for each year models, so they insure 2006 models for a minimum value of $34600 and a maximum value of $41000. I'm insured for $34600.

No accident history or licence cancellations.

one speeding offence.

• 2 weeks later...

Phew, just did the ring around. 44 yrs old. 26K on a 350GT in Arcadia Vale (Newcastle) with AI Insurance quote was $1100. Bonus is they give you roadside assistance, no excess on windscreens and no extra to pay monthly. They will also cover my 18yr old as an unlisted driver. Oh, excess is $600.

NRMA: $1300

Famous: $1370

Just Car: $1900

Incidently I tried to add my 19 year son as a listed driver with NRMA and the premium was $9800 per year.