SAU Community

Nissan 350Z or Subaru STI MY03 ? ? ?

Guest Vitz

Guest Vitz

To all,

I'm in need of help to decide which one I should go for.

Please help me by voting!

Thanks.

Vitz

:bahaha: :bahaha: :bahaha: :bahaha: :bahaha:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i tell'ya to get a 350z if you were going to put one of the turbo kits on it, otherwise i wouldn't bother and go for the sti, sorry love the nissans but can't go past a good turbo car :(

oooh its a close one and with my vote evened it up 50-50

if you had to buy one, right now today i would buy the sti due to the turbo however ive read some bad reviews about stis, but im sure they are great! and as soon as a 350x turbo came out of the factory i would sell the sti and buy the 350 without even thinking.

How about an RX7 instead :D

Nah....depends what you want it for, I'm no expert in the 350's specs/ etc etc.....but maybe the 350 would make a great cruiser, and the sti as greater track attacker/thrasher.

with all the cops around lately, I'd get a camry :(

Guest robertr

looks like STi wins Vitz. Also that leaves less 350's on the road for when I buy one.

What is the output of an STi and what are they doing to the Jap versions of both anyways? If someone knows...

Guest Vitz

Robertr,

Quote 'Also that leaves less 350's on the road for when I buy one. '

That is a good one.

I think we get the 195kw STI compare to 206kw in Japan. I know it doesn't sound like a lot but the torque are 343nm and 380nm respectively and I have seen Jap STI pass through the quarter mile in 12.5 sec's (Best Motoring). They also get the twin scroll turbo (Not twin turbo!) and the yanks gets the 2.5 Litre STI.

If you ask me how, I reckon the Jap STi gets more than 206 kw but because of the transport regulation they can't disclose anything more than 206 kw.

I like both cars but 2 doors and 2 seater on the 350Z, looks like I have to forget about taking my mother in law in it too. Hey, maybe that is a good idea after all.

(Wife walks in during this time.............................)

Oh, hi love, I was just kidding, I am. I am. Nooooooooooooooo!

Vitz

:uh-huh: :uh-huh: :uh-huh: :uh-huh: :uh-huh:

Hey Vitz,

why not you stick with your Vitz instead of choosing either one of them MAHAHAHAHAH :P

I'll still stick with STi. The interior of 350z is sooo plasticky... apart from the steering wheels and the dash, every else is not done up to the standard. if you look at the edge of the door when it is open, you can see nissan has done a cheap job. even R33 GTR has better interior quality...

GO STi.... hangon, GO GTR!!!!!

350z

superb mid range. superb looks and handling

less pratical? who cares.

and there will NOT be a turbo varient of the 350z from the factory.

There is no need, since the GT-R is around the corner.

i head good and bad things about the subie, i dont hear bad things about the 350... it was designed well for its intended use

you dont buy a 350z to be a parramatta maccas boy racer. its about style and prestige. sure an sti might be faster, but its stil a wrecks, and everyone has one. if you wanna pull car average to hot chicks you go the sti, but if you wanna pull glamours you go the 350z :P

having said that, i have no car atm hehe