SAU Community

Headlights

not sure if this is the right section, but basically i want to get some nice globes for my headlights.

i want to get a sort of blue colour for headlights and parkers. i am not after the little blue neons ppl put in there parkers, but i think they are the ones that have a higher wattage.

i am really in the dark about the different types of colours available. but all i know is that i am chasing my headlights to emit a cool blue colour. if any one has any pixs and suggestions it would be much appreiciated.

also its for a S2 skyline

cheers

hay mate

personally i think that you should stick to the standard one from nissan,i went an bought a 100w globes for my high beam an they turned out to be

sh't, no were near as bright as the standard one an twice the cost

i'v been told that any globs that are coloured are not going to be very bright but they look good

:D you insane 100w globes? I hope you mean 55w because 100w can melt your headlight casing! suppose it would depend on the type of headlight setup but most HID to Halogen take 55w!

Neways moving along

Polarg are best ..

Phillips Diamond vision if you wanna pay more but they come with parkers too ;)

I too bought new lights from repco etc .. $60 or something .. Total crap one blew within a month second in 3 months .. when i replaced the one that blew with the old one which i removed to install the repco crap they look exactly the same :D

I went and bought new HID headlights after that .. extreme yes .. but eh

Edited by DECIM8

Don't go with the higher wattage globes. You'll risk melting the headlight housing.

If you want the blue parker and globes, have a look on ebay. They've got all different types of colours.

In my opinion, just stay with the standard colour. Just get some decent quality Phillip's globes.

;) you insane 100w globes? I hope you mean 55w because 100w can melt your headlight casing! suppose it would depend on the type of headlight setup but most HID to Halogen take 55w!

nop 100w,well they say there 100w,but they deffentely never put out 100w,they ended up being as bright as low beam,so i

quickley through them in the bin

you better stick with genuine standard yellow light unless buy HID kit...

i bought globes and parkers from ebay. the parkers are great. but the light isnt bright enough.. its very hard to see at night without other lights such as street light or something... its like nothings infront of you you cant see your lights...

and they dead after 1month.. just go HID kit if you really want bright and blue colour..

lets face it the stock yellow globes look sh*&thouse!

im sure that there are globes out there

amen to that lol

im getting phillips diamond vision for my series 2 this weekend. have had them on all my previous cars and i dont have anything bad to say about them.

it is a little bit more $$$ then other globes but your paying for quality

Ive driven behind (luckily) a few people with HIDs, and the brightness and spray is just everywhere... its f**ken bright! i would have hated to have been infront...

as for series 2, i thought the one im thinking of in particular WAS a series2...

lets face it the stock yellow globes look sh*&thouse!

im sure that there are globes out there

Hey mate i have Phillips diamond vision in my s2 and they work fine. if you want a globe with a blue tinge, dont go any other the other lower priced ones in the phillips range as they dont seem to look that different from stock. The diamond vision arn't that expensive from memory - you dont get parkers with them either - at least i didn't. I payed under 100 but was a while ago and i cant remember exactly.

As for the parkers what you want is just white spade bit led's. the white led will come up slightly blue and works well with the diamond vision headlamp which will give you the bright white / blue glow. Do not get blue led's or blue style bulbs for parkers as they will actually look dark blue and very cr#p My only thing now is to change the fog / driving lights to a whiter bulb as the headlamps are are bright blue white which makes the fogs look real yellow.

• 7 months later...
Hey mate i have Phillips diamond vision in my s2 and they work fine. if you want a globe with a blue tinge, dont go any other the other lower priced ones in the phillips range as they dont seem to look that different from stock. The diamond vision arn't that expensive from memory - you dont get parkers with them either - at least i didn't. I payed under 100 but was a while ago and i cant remember exactly.

As for the parkers what you want is just white spade bit led's. the white led will come up slightly blue and works well with the diamond vision headlamp which will give you the bright white / blue glow. Do not get blue led's or blue style bulbs for parkers as they will actually look dark blue and very cr#p My only thing now is to change the fog / driving lights to a whiter bulb as the headlamps are are bright blue white which makes the fogs look real yellow.

are the phillips diamond vision gewd, what colour do they come out as im lookin for a real white light with blue tinge. im looking at buying them or the crystal vision...and are u able 2 post a pic of what they like at night??

cheers

• 1 month later...