SAU Community

Gearbox Conversion

adgey

Hey guys,

As stated I'm getting rid of the auto on my s2 r33 and chucking in the manual.

My only concern is regarding the ECU. If i get my hands on a s1 manual ECU will this work on my s2? I've also been told that the auto ECU will do the job but my mechanic didn't seem to keen on that idea? How difficult is setting up the auto ecu to be used with the manual?

Please don't give me a flaming about searching. I've been having a look and can't quite find out what i need :laugh:

Thanks in advance

Dont bother its goona cost ya around 4k-5k your better of just selling it and buying a manual one instead. to much messing around just chuck a shift kit in it will do the job.

Dont bother its goona cost ya around 4k-5k your better of just selling it and buying a manual one instead. to much messing around just chuck a shift kit in it will do the job.

???? i see them done regulary for under 3k.

???? i see them done regulary for under 3k.

i'm getting my manual conversion put in my series 1 r33 this weekend coming. i managed to source a full conversion kit on this site under classifieds.

i'm helping my mechanic to do the conversion over the weekend purely to get it done quicker and to keep the installation cost down. it has cost me $2200 for the parts to my door and about $1500 to put it in. So for approx. $3500 i'm happy.

and i have heard that the auto ecu runs the manual with no problem but i made sure that i obtained the manual ecu to avoid problems.

good luck mate. whatever you decide. it's up to you really

i must be talking to the wrong shop not goona mention who, but i want this mod done what shops do that conversion in VIC

I sourced the majority of the parts from the toy shop. Conversion kit plus boot surround is something like $2495 and then my mechanic is charging me $650 labour to install and at the time I'm also getting the exeedy heavy duty clutch put in. So somewhere in the $3500 mark as he hasn't called back with the price for the clutch.

All up I'm pretty pleased with this as the parts come under warranty for anything except wear and my mechanic will look after any problems that it might run into.