SAU Community

Best Place To Attach Bleed Valve?

Ive tried at the manifold where the blow off valve vacume comes from and at the intercooler pipe near the air filter.but never tried at the inlet for the turbo where it says put it for a manual bleed valve.

should i put it on the turbo inlet?where the original connection is on the the oil breather pipe.

It doesn't really matter where it goes on the pressure side of the intake tract- as long as you're actually taking a gauge/meter boost reading after the throttle body, and the wastegate is getting a line signal that allows consistent control of that boost pressure.

It doesn't really matter where it goes on the pressure side of the intake tract- as long as you're actually taking a gauge/meter boost reading after the throttle body, and the wastegate is getting a line signal that allows consistent control of that boost pressure.

but just before the turbo mouth(inlet) has to be different preasure than whats in the intercoola pipes?you would think?

yes, it most certainly is (p.s i think you mean the little angled hose connector on the compressor cover, because in front of the turbo inlet, you'll see vacuum)

the line pressure down there may be 3psi or more higher at the compressor cover than it is by the time the air suffers all the parasitic losses on the way through the intercooler and all the piping on the way to the engine

but did you read my whole post?

it matters nought what pressure is in the actuator line running to the wastegate, as long as you are taking an acurate boost reading from the intake manifold after the throttle body (you'll need to use a spare vacuum port somewhere there, or tap on in if there isn't one available)

after you do that, all you need to do then is to tweak the bleed valve for more/less pressure bypass until you get the desired manifold boost pressure :)