SAU Community

Engine Mods

adzy_r33

Hi everyone.

Im thinking of doing some mods to my car, and i was just woundering how much horse power you think i could push out of the stock 5spd manual box.

if you could let me know that would be great

Adam

I don't think gearbox is a major issue with skylines+POWA! unless you are really unlucky and its been crunched in the past and the synchros are on the way out. First this is decide what you want the car for street, track or a bit of both. The easiest way to make your Skyline smile a bit wider is a high flow turbo, increased boost to a respectable level and maybe some extra performance bits like upgrading the fuel system and computer. With the track in mind definately look into mild setups in the areas of suspension, wheels+tyres and brakes unless you plan on heavy track usage.

//ctrl+c, ctrl+v into all noobie 33 owner threads :D

Over 400 & no dramas :D Read an artice in ASM a while ago about an s14 with about 480rwhp, went through 3 or 4 s15 boxes before putting one in from a 33 & problem solved.

Over 400 & no dramas :D Read an artice in ASM a while ago about an s14 with about 480rwhp, went through 3 or 4 s15 boxes before putting one in from a 33 & problem solved.

the majority of high hp silvias ive seen have s13 5 speeds and no worries

in regards to teh r33 box you should have no worries

its not till you start going really serious like 60o-700rwkw when you might wanna consider maybe a OS Giken CrossMission gearset or even a 6 speed holinger, but ur looking at around $50k plus for a holinger.....