SAU Community

Advise Needed Reguarding Engine Warranty

Hey Guys,

Need Advice/Guidence on what to do.

Had my Engine Rebuilt In Febuary....and not long after it started suffering for severe blow by.....spoke to the engine builder about it but i couldnt get the car down there as I was in sydney...Now im back in Victoria and on the way home from work (3min drive) noticed heaps of blue smoke pouring out of the exhaust, once i got back had a look under the bonnet and noticed the blow by was worse and there was still smoke coming out of the exhaust....gave the throttle a blip (1500-2000rpm)

Noticed that on retuning to idle I almost couldnt breath there was that much smoke.

I just spoke to the engine builder and im taking it down to him next week....I was told that there was a warranty with the motor and if there were any problems take it back down to him.

If he says its not his fault and wants to charge me for the work carried out to fix/rebuild it - What do I do?

Obviously I cant drive the car around like that and Im heading back to sydney and cant leave the car here.

I also dont have another few grandlying around to pay for it.

Help Appreciated

Regards Andrew

If he says its not his fault and wants to charge me for the work carried out to fix/rebuild it - What do I do?

Well you either pay him to have it fixed.

Or you dont get it fixed i would imagine.

Really without more details of actually whats wrong, its hard to say what it could be and whos at fault etc etc.

There are far to many unknowns.

Cheers Nismoid.

I believe Its rings...which would explain the blow by....either the machine shop that rebored got it wrong or has damaged somthing....it has also been using a bit of water...not heaps but enough to be noticable....could it be a slightly split bore....havent noticed and bubbles in the coolant though.

Guess the only way to find out is to strip it down.....

get it checked locally (leak down etc) by a reputable workshop like creatd or race pace then approach your engine builder.

are you 100% sure its not your turbo?

technicaly speaking if he does find something wrong with it and he wants to be a prick about it he can make you pay for it because you called him in february and told him about this problem he told you to take it in there so he could look at it. it is now july 5 months later and your only just taking it to him. see where i'm heading im not being an asshole im just pointing something out. good luck with it anyhow

100% sure its not the turbo.

I had the engine rebult and intalled by him in feburary, rang him about the problem in may.

Will try and get a leak down / compression test done this week....but been in central vic means its an hour to any where....ill check out a couple of local places and see if they can do it.

Edited by zebra