SAU Community

R34 Gtr Bar & Bonnet Fit R34 Gts-t ?

Tours

Hey SAU

i have recently purchased an R34 gt-t and am wondering, like the r32, can you fit the R34 GTR front bar and R34 Bonnet,

while still using the standard head lights and guards ??

I know on my r32 this was not a problem...

My car came with a carbon bonnet and front lip to look like A gtr which i have removed...

I have sourced a GTR front bar but still looking for a bonnet. dont think it will be easy to find.

Anyone done this before ? and do you have any pics ?

Tours.

To make a GTR front fit on a GTT you have to change bonnet inc. gtr hindges, front bar and guards but i think the head lights are ok not sure about them.

Its better to get a gtr style bar/bonnet for the gtt from a body kit place.

RTK

To make a GTR front fit on a GTT you have to change bonnet inc. gtr hindges, front bar and guards but i think the head lights are ok not sure about them.

Its better to get a gtr style bar/bonnet for the gtt from a body kit place.

RTK

Front bar is ok, but the Bonnet is the main one im after, as the aftermarket bonnets are all defectable, i just took off a carbon fibre gtr bonnet.

Hey SAU

i have recently purchased an R34 gt-t and am wondering, like the r32, can you fit the R34 GTR front bar and R34 Bonnet,

while still using the standard head lights and guards ??

Tours.

yes, but the bar will look shite (same as a genuine GTR bar looks shite on R32 GTST) as it will bows in for the narrower front guards.

just wondering...do u have to fit GTR guards??? or just for the looks...any idea where to get hindges...thanks

I think you might need the guards to match up the front bar.

I have found all parts, bonnet, bar, and guards on yahoo japan...

Have a look on there for the hinges.

I think you might need the guards to match up the front bar.

then you'll need rear guards to match up the front guards :(

no you DO NOT NEED gtr guards in order to have gtr bonnet! do a search. this got to be one of the most asked questions re r34 gtts!

I have an R34 GTT With a genuine R34 GTR front bar and it fits like a dream. not sure on the bonnet tho. looks hot too...

Excellent think i might start collecting some bits,

I already found front bar for $450, and bonnet i will have to import from japan.

Can you PM me a pic of your bar fitted to the GT-T.

Mark.

how much does the gtr bonnet usually cost? i assume its genuine and not fibreglass or carbon?

The GTR bonnet is aluminium for Vpec & Non Vspec. Vpec 2 is carbon but it is painted with air duct on the turbo side. Prices vary for 2nd hand. A friend of mine just converted his and the weight difference is that the GTT is so much heavier.

From my experience using a GTR Top Secret Dry Carbon bonnet, the handling is so much better and the car weight transfer feels more neutral. Plus the cooling benefit under the bonnet due to the hot air venting out from the scoop.

Edited by driftmeister

If you buy a GTR bonnet, you will need to change the bonnet hinges, lock panel and lock assembly to the GTR items. This will then leave a gap where the top mole of the front bar should be.

If you then buy a r34 GTR front bar, it will fit but the edges will not align properly due to the wider fenders of the GTR unless you do some work on it.

I'm going the east bears direction and should hopefully get it within a month or so. Plastic and no mods required.

I have a lip that if i use the stock bar, i can just put the lip in, and it brings the stock bar up to meet the GTR bonnet.

Unlike the R32 i dont think you can cut the GT-T Bonnet to look like a GTR as the GTR bonnet rises up and the hump is bigger to meet the front bar lip between the lights...

For prices on the bonnet contact forum sponsor slidewize, and search yahoo japan, there is a nunmber of them on there.

I have a carbon/fiberglass bonnet, but i have taken it off for defect reasons aswell, its a clearly obvious defect from a distance...

Tours.

driftmeister.. did your friend convert his gtt bonnet to gtr? i really don't want to go carbon bonnet as i don't want to get defect for it.

He is using the whole front section of the GTR = Bonnet, fenders & front bar. You may need more parts other than the hinges and hoodlock. The front bar actually sit on a panel (not sure what part number) between the headlight which the GTT doesn't have. Plus once you install the fender, there is a small gap when u fit the small section like an inch lower than the GTT body. See the pics attached then u will understand.

post-11004-1185949593_thumb.jpg

post-11004-1185949627_thumb.jpg

post-11004-1185949896_thumb.jpg

If you buy a GTR bonnet, you will need to change the bonnet hinges, lock panel and lock assembly to the GTR items. This will then leave a gap where the top mole of the front bar should be.

If you then buy a r34 GTR front bar, it will fit but the edges will not align properly due to the wider fenders of the GTR unless you do some work on it.

I'm going the east bears direction and should hopefully get it within a month or so. Plastic and no mods required.

i have these fill panels ready to go here in aus see http://www.uras.com.au/syohin/skyline.html#r34

Remmeber no matter what anyone says GTR bumper on GTT looks real shit as it has to bow in to compensate for narrower gaurds. I would seriuosly consider a aftermarket GTT bar of some description.

r34_eyeline3.jpg