SAU Community

new 141kw corolla sportivo ?

Originally posted by hakosuka

Ford will never be known as an engine builder like Honda or Nissan..

And yet you refer to the XR6T engine with praise and approval, even comparing it to the RB26DETT.

Your recent post is a contradiction, and shows you have no thought or conviction in your own words.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No I am not contradicting myself, and I have thought heaps about cars and have a ton of conviction about what I say.

:shake:

What I said is the the XR6T motor is damn good for a Ford donk - but it takes them over 10 years to come up with an engine that has a similar SPECIFICATION to something like a RB26 etc etc.

Which means that although it is a DOHC turbo 6 and runs on petrol, does not mean that it is as good.......

And an engine like a 2JZ (twin turbo 3L Supra engine) will have more potential to produce much more power per litre in modded form that the Ford unit.

:D

The contradiction lies in the fact that you say ford engines are crap.

You proceed to say their XR6T is a Very good.

Regardless of how long you think it took them to produce that engine, its tuning potential, its specifications and relativity to other engines, Ford STILL produced a, 'crap' engine that you deemed

has "similar SPECIFICATION to something like a RB26"

Yes but it took them AGES to come up with something approaching a modern engine.

Learn to comprehend English - I said very good for a Ford (FOR OUR RUBBISH DUMP)

SPECFICIATION: A Datsun 180B and a BMW 2002 have exactly the same type of independent semi trailing arm rear susprension design- but one of thse cars is a great handler and the other was vile. Understand???

Who Cares? - learn to love the Nissans and leave the Fords to the inbreds.for a Ford

Learn to appreciate all cars and car makes.

Learn to judge something upon its own merits, not on the reputation that you have given it.

Learn to understand that Ford didnt spend 10years in order to build the XR6T engine, but it took 10years for the demand of the customers and the need to maintain competitiveness in the market for them to produce that engine.

I am done with your ignorance.

Learn to read English properly

Learn to not twist facts to suit your own uninformed views in a discussion.

Learn to understand that some makes and models are not to be appreciated because not all car makers and their engineers are of equal competence. Will you start appreciating Daewoos or Ladas all of a sudden?

Learn to understand that the US based makers like Ford and GM - Holden have always been behind from a technical viewpoint and always will be. The reason why they are so large and have been able to take over smaller manufacturers is that they have a high profitabilty due to a relative lack of R & D compared to other manufacturers. Think of cars like the Ford Crown Victoria that they use for cop cars in the US that have 20 year old underpinnings. No self respecting Euro or Japanese maker would ever be in that position. Think of the current Commodore with 1978 Opel Senator suspension, borrowed styling from the Opel equivalent, a dashboard done with help from Honda and a crude boat anchor V6. Such innovation! A past Wheels Cars of the Year.

Learn to understand that makers of Ford and GM's ilk have survived so long is that the majority of people are stupid and uneducated and do not expect much of their cars and are very brand loyal - no matter how bad the particular model is.

Learn to understand that I have no need to rubbish these types of cars, as knowledgable people are already aware of their many shortcomings and need no guidance from me to form an opinion on their already low reputation.

Learn to understand that the current Falcon would still sell as as many units as the previous model even if the old pushrod six was fitted, berause for many people out there it is a default car purchase - Fred will buy it because it is a Ford/Holden etc. They never "demanded" a more modern engine because they would not know a modern engine if it crushed them from falliing from an emgine hoist. The car was "competitive" enough for them simply because it was a Ford or Holden. This is the sort of inbred mentality that got the R32 GTR banned from Bathurst when it kept beating their dinosaurs Fred Flintstone-mobiles. How dare the rice burner Jap crap beat our V8's...

Learn to understand that I am done with your stupidity.

I will learn to appreciate Ford and Holden when they can provide me with a car that won't leak oil from the word go. (that and many other problems too)

Geez, how pathetic are Holden and Ford?? Their build quality sucks.

A badge does not buy appreciation.

Appreciation is earned.

Originally posted by hakosuka

Learn to understand that makers of Ford and GM's ilk have survived so long is that the majority of people are stupid and uneducated and do not expect much of their cars and are very brand loyal - no matter how bad the particular model is.

Learn to understand that the current Falcon would still sell as as many units as the previous model even if the old pushrod six was fitted, berause for many people out there it is a default car purchase - Fred will buy it because it is a Ford/Holden etc. They never "demanded" a more modern engine because they would not know a modern engine if it crushed them from falliing from an emgine hoist. The car was "competitive" enough for them simply because it was a Ford or Holden. This is the sort of inbred mentality that got the R32 GTR banned from Bathurst when it kept beating their dinosaurs Fred Flintstone-mobiles. How dare the rice burner Jap crap beat our V8's...

Dude, just shut up! If you love your jap cars, then dack your self and stick your penis in the exhaust! People like you pisses me off, thinking Every Jap car is better than any other cars that other countries make?

If it wasnt for Henry Ford, their would of been no engines or cars! We would of been driving hoover crafts! I have a R33 GTST, but i also love my Fords! Their was times in the 60's and 70's and even 80's that Aussie cars were better and further ahead in technology than the rest of the world! But they slowed than but now catching up, and getting their and never know maybe they will overtake in technology than the rest of the world?

Now tell me, whats so crap about Ford?

the CHAMP CARS uses all Ford cosworth engines, Ford is in Formula one, Ford competed in Le Mans 24hr Race's with their GT40 racing cars, Ford is in until they won 3 years in a row and got banned!

How many Japenese manufacturer does this?

I love Nissans but i also respect Toyota and Honda for competing in Formula 1, but were's Nissan? Maybe they dont have a V10 engines (YET)?

So your calling Stupid and uneducated for people who buy Fords and Holden? Your calling my old man stupid n uneducated? My old man has a BA Falcon, due to his a family man, so we can all fit in the car when we go somewhere. He could of brought a Camry or a Magna or a Maxima, but he tested them all, and they all suck in power and they dont come in much of luxury as a BA!

The world most selling car in 2000, 2001 & 2002 was the Ford Focus... It has been selling in Europe, America, Part of Asia, Africa and Aus! Now why do these people buy this car? Its is coz every one has one, or is it because their just a great car that has power and handling and reliability?

Your just sad, and if you want to be biased towards jap cars, keep it to your self buy not calling other stupid and uneducated!

And what makes you think Japanese cars build quality??? Have you brought a brand new Ford or Holden that had 0000km's on the clock and had problems with it?

Before my old man had a BA Falcon, he had a XF Falcon, he brought the car brand new back in 1984 and drove for 18 years, then gave it to me which had 430,000km's on the clock! The car never needed engine rebuild or transmission rebuild, it has a few minor rusts thats all and the drive train is still the same! And i drive it as my daily driver while my R33 is in the garage! All i do to the XF is put gas init, and it goes without breaking down, and i think it will last me for a very long time!

Now tell me, can a camry or a Skyline or a Magna do this? If it can, its a f#@ken mirracle!

hey, I thought we were talking about corollas here!

Lets face it, every brand has good and bad cars in their range, and it really depends what you are looking for as well. Price, performance, size, load carrying, durability, etc etc etc

Whats wrong with the BA's? u got any proof of anything wrong with em? If it was a shit car, it wouldnt of won so many awards! the BA's will get better next year when, when their getting their 6 speed Auto box, triptronic, from Jaguar!

If a XF Falcon last 18 years, and do 430,000km's without breaking down, so would a BA Falcon!

And like i said, you gotta be a nut case to get a Sportivo instead of a N/A Skyline! 6 is better, girls can have the 4's!

The Holden Camira won alot of awards too.

How do you do it anyway?? How do you drive an 18 year old XF Falcon with over 430,000k's on it? Don't you have any pride. That car must be worth like 20 bucks.

Just like all other Ford and Holden fans, you take these arguements far too seriously. People are entitlied to their opinions.

Explain to me, why are 4s for girls? Do you have to be a man to drive a 6. Can't girls drive 6s too?

ok let me think...

I been driving just normal New toyota Corrolla for last 4 days... 1.8 ltr 5speed...

I think its pretty good I think, no I have not been racing on the street, just quick shift and cornering (it can be improoved) I am sure sportivo is heaps better in suspension department...

it's roomy and nice torque and power for small 4cyl...

I like it :)

cheers

Joe

me two Cents