SAU Community

Nismo Clutch Specifics

nsm034

Here some information about the nismo clutch (got from the nismo catalogue)

SUPER COPPERMIX

Allowable torque of 54 kgfm for dynamic friction (station friction: 81kgfm) Handles an estimated allowable power of 420PS

This is a single clutch system that takes "the ease of use"and "high power handling"forte of COPPERMIX to the next level.. This series also includes a lineup of standard specification products that can handle 380P

*NISMO standard measurements taken by combining high-power specification with the SR20DET engine.

Lightweight flywheel - Equipped with a lightweight flywheel manufactured form special chromoly, the ideal weight has been provided to ensure torque

Aluminum Cover - A cover made from a special aluminum with excellent heat-radiating powers is used

Center Plate with strap Function - To deal with unlikely occurrence of misshift, the center plate features a strap function

SUPER COPPERMIX TWIN

Allowable torque of 84kgfm for dynamic friction (station friction: 143 kgfm) Handles an estimated allowable power of 670PS

The multi-plate clutch takes "the ease of use" and "high power handling"forte of COPPERMIX to the next level

*The numerical values are NISMO standard measurement values measured using a push-type clutch combined with an RB26DETT engine. Evaluation were made based on street and circuit conditions. No quarter-mile evaluation was conducted

Lightweight flywheel - Equipped with a lightweight flywheel manufactured form special chromoly, the ideal weight has been provided to ensure torque

Uses an aluminum cover and lightweight flywheel as a set - A special aluminum cover weigh excellent heat radiation is employed. Also, this is combined as a set with a special lightweight chrome-molybdenum flywheel to achieve the ideal weight setting for the attained torque.

Center Plate with strap Function - To deal with unlikely occurrence of misshift, the center plate features a strap function

Hope it helps :)

Cheers Michael

thanks Michael but does this apply to the clutch kit also ? and 380P is that hp ? and whats 420PS mean. sorry i've got no idea on clutches. thanks

and what would be the difference between a copper mix and a non asbestos clutch ?

Edited by nsm034

Hey mate,

Im looking at the same clutch kit, they sell it without the flywheel for about $500 also. Just want to know, what are ppls thoughts on the advantages on a flywheel? Do you guys believe there are any power gains to be made on a dyno? From what I've read there is no dyno difference however on the street, it is like having 101lbs less weight on the street???

Edited by MR R34

I got a nismo twin plate + light flywheel and I hate it. Way too on off for city driving. I'm going to get it replaced by a single - already have nismo slave so should be heaps better for traffic.

Is this a Super Coppermix, or a G-Max or earlier clutch? Just trying to figure out which one you have coz the Super Coppermix is supossed to be the ducks nuts

I got a nismo twin plate + light flywheel and I hate it. Way too on off for city driving. I'm going to get it replaced by a single - already have nismo slave so should be heaps better for traffic.

Let me know if you wanna sell it

It's a Nismo Gmax Item - I'll have to find the version number. It's not too bad while your moving just annoying to drive to and from work and stopping at lights etc. Which is basically 90% of my driving - I'm rebuilding engine at the moment so I'm keen to replace it with a decent single.

Let me know if you wanna sell it

• 2 months later...