SAU Community

Fines For Driving Restricted Vehicle On P's

mad082

I have let my mate on his L's drive my R33, Hes about to go for his P's and then he wont be allowed to drive it.

WTF33R%20Learner1.JPG

man tell me that dood isn't hurling on that 33

I have let my mate on his L's drive my R33, Hes about to go for his P's and then he wont be allowed to drive it.

Sucks to be him, but it's probably for the best. Only time will tell if the new laws make any impact, i personally doubt it'll make a huge difference, I think it will likely increase young people being fined and suspended though.

• 4 months later...

yeah but what they dont realise is the amount of people buyin shit box dailys and building there other cars until they are liscensed to drive it they are gonna be goin from no power to high modded yeah they will have driving experience but wont have the gradual progression in power the way they have been in the past. just my 2c

• 1 year later...

Hay quick question guys,

I'm on my p's yes it sucks N/A are gutless anyway these under 25 restrictions is where i get lost as i have been told 2 different interpretations of the law,

1: says that i can drive a high powered vehicle when i get of my p's an onto my opens... and i only have to hold my p's for 3 years ( 1 on red 2 on green)

2: That i have to be over 25 to drive any sort of high powered vehicle

i've asked queensland transport and they tell me a different thing each time i'm in there just hoping any of you guys could shead some light on this law and what it means....

I've been lucky to be on my open licence for few years now, unfortunately my wife only got her P's about 8 months ago meaning she has all the restrictions... YAY. We got our Stagea a couple months before she got her licence (luckily we kept our SSS pulsar for her. I would rather her be driving the Stagea then the SSS but unfortunately she can't LEGALLY. Yes she has driven it a few times on her P's, mostly around the corner store or sometimes if we go to a party and I end up having a few drinks I let her drive. Only suggestion I make is for her not to put the P plates on it and drive sensibly (which she does cause it usually has our 2 year old in it and she is scared of the power)

Thing I find funny is that an L plater can learn in any vehicle they want but then they get restricted on there P's...

Also, I am guilty of driving around town with P plates still on the SSS. Currently the Stagea is off the road so we are sharing the SSS and I couldn't be bothered taking the plates off for a drive to work or down the street. Funny thing is you can tell people act differently when they see the P plate's. Many a time, I have people pull out in front of me or cut me off and you can see them look over see the plates, and next minute they are abusing me for their mistake. Also the other day, had a P plater come around a corner on the wrong side of the road making me have to come to complete stop. He seen that I was apparently a P plater so him and his freind thought it was funny and laughed about it till I abused them as they went past. Got upset when I returned the hand gesture he gave me out the window and proceeded to chase me.. Makes me laugh, probably at least 10 years older than him. Also have a lot of oldies pull up at lights and THEY want to race, guess they just want another P plater off the road for street racing..

/End rant

Dave...

(In no way do I condone driving illegally. I know the risks I am taking driving with P plates displayed and am fully prepared to take the consequences without bitching.)

Yeah, i really don't see what wearing a P plate does to make my drive safer. It certainly labels me and degrades my driving experience though, i've had many occasions with people who "have to get infront" of me. Luckily i drive a 4WD, so noone wants to race me.

I've been lucky to be on my open licence for few years now, unfortunately my wife only got her P's about 8 months ago meaning she has all the restrictions... YAY. We got our Stagea a couple months before she got her licence (luckily we kept our SSS pulsar for her. I would rather her be driving the Stagea then the SSS but unfortunately she can't LEGALLY. Yes she has driven it a few times on her P's, mostly around the corner store or sometimes if we go to a party and I end up having a few drinks I let her drive. Only suggestion I make is for her not to put the P plates on it and drive sensibly (which she does cause it usually has our 2 year old in it and she is scared of the power)

Thing I find funny is that an L plater can learn in any vehicle they want but then they get restricted on there P's...

Also, I am guilty of driving around town with P plates still on the SSS. Currently the Stagea is off the road so we are sharing the SSS and I couldn't be bothered taking the plates off for a drive to work or down the street. Funny thing is you can tell people act differently when they see the P plate's. Many a time, I have people pull out in front of me or cut me off and you can see them look over see the plates, and next minute they are abusing me for their mistake. Also the other day, had a P plater come around a corner on the wrong side of the road making me have to come to complete stop. He seen that I was apparently a P plater so him and his freind thought it was funny and laughed about it till I abused them as they went past. Got upset when I returned the hand gesture he gave me out the window and proceeded to chase me.. Makes me laugh, probably at least 10 years older than him. Also have a lot of oldies pull up at lights and THEY want to race, guess they just want another P plater off the road for street racing..

/End rant

Dave...

(In no way do I condone driving illegally. I know the risks I am taking driving with P plates displayed and am fully prepared to take the consequences without bitching.)

Is your wife over 25yrs old?? as isnt that what the 25yr old rule is... Like you cant drive a high powered/turbo car on your p's [unless your over 25yrs old] well thats how i thought it was....

I was a lucky one and got my P's before the new rules came in so i got a 33 turbo on my p's =] gotta love scraping ina year before the rules came out

hmm i dont think cops really care i know aliesha has been pulled over like 4 times now and the police have had a look at her licence and Haven't said anything about being on P's and driving a turbo car (well the last time they mentioned no P plates) but only got the 1 point and $133 fine for speeding