SAU Community

Please Help With Traffic Infringement Query

Froozog

Hey guys I have a Final Notice traffice infringement due today (this is the 2nd slip of paper sent in the mail). Now the thing is I get points back on Sept 24th, enough that I wouldn't lose my licence by paying this fine. My question is after the Final Notice fine what do they send next? Another increased fine which says pay or loss of licence or something? Or do they just take your licence straight off you at this point for non-payment or something like that?

Please comment out of experience/fact if possible and not conjecture, thanks for your assistance all.

Not really sure as I've never left it that far, but have you read all the fine print on the infringement notice. They usually will give quite a lot of detail there. Check the back too.

Good luck with whatever happens ;)

in about a month (took 3 months to get mine) you will recieve another letter saying that you license is under suspension, as soon as you pay the fine your licence will be all good again

until you recieve that letter specifically saying you license is under suspension, even if the letter you have now says after such and such date your licence will be suspended, nothing will happen until you actually recieve a confirmation letter

you are aware that the points are deducted from the date of the fine regardless of when u pay it

But if I already have enough points back when this fine is processed I couldn't lose my licence right?

no the suspension comes into play once they send u the papers, generally after you pay the fine..... Like I live in qld so rules might be slightly different (pretty sure they are the same australia wide) but just in case read the back of the fine and also call the traffic authority and just ask when the points apply and just explain the situation

Hey guys I have a Final Notice traffice infringement due today (this is the 2nd slip of paper sent in the mail). Now the thing is I get points back on Sept 24th, enough that I wouldn't lose my licence by paying this fine. My question is after the Final Notice fine what do they send next? Another increased fine which says pay or loss of licence or something? Or do they just take your licence straight off you at this point for non-payment or something like that?

Please comment out of experience/fact if possible and not conjecture, thanks for your assistance all.

hmm they take the points off you from when you commit the offence... unless you decide to take it to court.

in about a month (took 3 months to get mine) you will recieve another letter saying that you license is under suspension, as soon as you pay the fine your licence will be all good again

until you recieve that letter specifically saying you license is under suspension, even if the letter you have now says after such and such date your licence will be suspended, nothing will happen until you actually recieve a confirmation letter

then you face driving around without a license with out knowing it = no insurance if you are in an accident.

I've had that happen to me when I tried to play the same game at getting the most out of my points... Police pulled me over one night and were nice enough to let me drive home but said if another cops pulls me over he might not be as nice and would probably book me for driving without a license.

Just pay it

ps. buy some new shoes ;)

you are aware that the points are deducted from the date of the fine regardless of when u pay it

Incorrect.

in about a month (took 3 months to get mine) you will recieve another letter saying that you license is under suspension,

Also Incorrect.

well if u didn't have enough points at the time of the fine, then you will loose it

This was not the case for me. In QLD it may be different?

hmm they take the points off you from when you commit the offence... unless you decide to take it to court.

Yes, and No. If you are found guilty (which is either, non-fine-payment OR by a court) then the points are applied to your license to the date of the original offence. Up until the fine is paid, the points are not against your license.

The 3rd letter is a court order which you have to pay at the court and its a lot more money.

They will only take the points off you from when the fine is paid, not when the offence took place.

100% Correct.

If you want a hint of advice. Send the police a letter saying the speed zone was incorrect blah blah blah.

They will then send you a letter saying "Thanks, we're investigating it, we'll get back to you. The infringement process has stopped during our investigation"

This will take about 1-2 months.

They will then send you a letter back saying "No it wasn't, here's your fine, now go pay it"

So pay it. By then you might have gotten a few points back. It's worth the effort to not lose your license for 3 months I'd say.

Don't worry mate your not the only one! I'm just waiting for the letter to come in the mail saying "Come hand in ur licence you stupid prick."

And then Ryan experiences some 3 months worth of buses to work and back :( Maybe the money I save on petrol and car maintenance will add up to the $500 odd extra I'll be paying on insurance now!