Slow The F**k Down!

carlo

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not all P Platers are idiots! I'm still stuck on mine only because I got them late. Doesn't matter how long people have their license they are still idiots, P Platers or not.

I never stated all P platers drive like morons, however the statistics don't support a "P platers" case. I can recall in recent time seeing 3 skylines wrecked with P plates.

I would like all of us, as motoring enthusiasts to actively support safe motoring, which means being aware of your own actions and discouraging stupid behavior. There have been some horrific accidents involving skylines in recent years, and it is simply a reflection of the style / popularity of car and the attitudes of owners.

im a red p plater and 18 and drive a 33 ( non turbo )...sure p platers cause heaps of accidents like above but also there is alot of people on a full license ( that also have accidents ) that pull up beside me..its common sense to let it go and some p platers lack it.. trust me im not defending him he just made me a bigger target now if possible.

no doubt it makes the attention towards p platers that much more attendable.especially arroud that area now that that has happened.

honestly.how often do people like this go to the track and take out their aggressions there.zero to not many id say.they think it costs to much.it cant be justifyed in their eyes.and thats when i give them.it cant be done on the streets safely can it? how much would the fine be if you were caught.and not to mention the loss of licence.

*dull looks on their faces ensue*

over 2000 posts

Now I never really post on these forums, but I just had to jump on here and post this up.
His drifto display was credable,= He lost control of the car, and missed a set of parked car's by less than half a meter.

i know its a serious point your making but i couldn't help myself.

just heard on the news that this little f**kwit got his license suspended... charged with negligent driving AND reckless driving.. he was allegedly doing 213k/h

thats not that much since the 2002.. when the forum was started..

and im sure Carlo mean he doesnt post much on these forums anymore

yep.. was a common whore from 02 - 04. :laugh:

I figured I could shake my head at seeing a Skyline on the front page of the paper.. or shake my head and start a mature discussion on what I think is a serious issue.

just heard on the news that this little f**kwit got his license suspended... charged with negligent driving AND reckless driving.. he was allegedly doing 213k/h

lol 213km/h.. at they speed he would have been sitting in the boot with the engine..

i vote to wait patiently until people learn the hard way, hopefully not at the cost of other people.

I'd say that 5 years ago the amount of accidents would have been greater, it only would seem more now cause it shoved in our face by media.

The problem is though, it seems that this sort of behaviour is becoming more and more common as the number of news stories about P-Plate/Hoon accidents and driving offences increases.

To me it seems that how common this behavior is, tends to coincide with what the media want to infer at any point in time...

Alot of it is a case of "No worthy news, lets bring modified cars and inexperienced drivers back into the lime light..."

I'd say that 5 years ago the amount of accidents would have been greater, it only would seem more now cause it shoved in our face by media.

Yep.

I've been driving for a fair while now and I've slowly witnessed a progressive change in the attitude of p-plate drivers. No longer does a day goes by when I don't see an act of sheer lunacy or stupidity on the streets and i'd conservatively bet that at least 50% of these instances involve p-platers. That's a significant amount when you consider that p-platers don't make up the majority of total drivers out on the road and i'd say it's progressively getting worse.

Couple this with significantly easier access to performace vehicles for younger drivers (prior to the recent rule changes) and you've got a recipe for irrational behaviour. Sadly this often results in injuries, mangled cars and fatalities when things go wrong.

Sure the media hype up any incident that involves p-platers and/or modified vehicles and elements of the truth may be twisted or sensationalised to 'shock' readers or viewers, but at the end of the day it still doesn't change the fact that these incidents happen in the first place. Unfortunately, this seems to be the only time when lessons are learnt and quite often it's too late.

So, to repeat a few well worn cliches - slow the f#$% down and save it for the track.

there'd be very little left of it if it had been going that fast, unless the ute was doing over 100km/h

Not necessarily the same incident... you understand.....

The car in that crash was a honda prelude. I know the guy who took that shot for the manly daily, he was at a party close to the scene when the accident occured.

Yeah, no wonder that pic looked a bit odd.

If you look hard enough at that mess under the bonnet you can make out the east-west timing cover.

well if vtec kicked in that explains it!

I was driving through the back streets of French's Forest in my gtst a few weeks ago, and some guy in a R31 decided to cut sick behind me. His drifto display was credable, but it was so not the right place for it. He lost control of the car, and missed a set of parked car's by less than half a meter.

I was just ahead of carlo and while I agree that it's the wrong place for it, the guy was lock to lock and as a former R31 owner, seeing an R31 that sideways brought a tear to my eye. If he'd done it on the track I would have been cheering :)

should have bought a 31.

I agree with myself here.

Reasons for this:

#1, Can't go fast enough to bother racing

#2, It's a tank. A small prang like the one involving the car in this thread would cause no damage to the car besides a few scratches.