SAU Community

Real Mans Stuff! My Weekend In Dysart

dano4127

just thought i would share some pics

went out to Norwich Park Mine near dysart (3hrs west of Makay) the mine had an open day for everyone to come have a squiz at how a coal mine operates all free got to go in a dragline (the big white thing) and a chopper ride to!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

img]http://www.unltdcreative.com/mine/17.jpg[/img]

18.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

nah i work for a promotional products company we do all of the promotional products for BMA / BHP and sponsored the day so they sent us up for a bit of pr was cool got to meet pete murray and tatiana as they stayed in the same hotel as us. (you would not let your dog sleep in the other hotel/motel)

the dude in the blue shirt next to tatiana is wearing one of the shirts i designed (tatiana has gone down hill since the olympics) her head is wedged in ass!! but pete murry is so layed back and like your average guy

and hell yes they are some mad turbos!!!

I think that motor was one of the 3000kw versions

the pic of the pipe is actualy the extention lead running the power to the dragline

i've been there, i setup the WCDMA in the tower that's on the hill :)

the biggest turbo's i've seen were at a mine out that way.. but this one was more south east of emerald, can't remember the name, there were a few of them laying in there machinery repair shop and wholey f**k they were huge, almost as heavy as picking up an RB block :P

and accomodation out that way really does suck, and expensive too :( $120 a night to stay in some lice infested motel, when $100 in mackay gets you a 2 bedroom fully airconditioned hotel with cable :P