SAU Community

Car Got Stolen~! Unsw Carpark Gate 11

restless

To everyone who says "there were plenty of nicer cars around" in situations like this, bear in mind... those cars probably have an obvious alarm or immobiliser. A thief will go for the easiest option available, and if your car looks like a royal pain in the butt to steal, they'll look for something quicker.

No alarm or immobiliser means they just have to pry the window, hit the button, get in, quickly snap the steering lock, and then start the car with the ignition wires or however they do it. (i'm sure it's not *quite* as easy as the movies make it out to be)

Picture someone trying to do that while an alarm is screaming its head off, and then picture them finding all the immobiliser wires for the starter motor, fuel pump, ignition... that will add a LOT of time, and they will probably just look for another car with no alarm on it, laugh to themselves, and think "this is too easy".

I guess it's up to the individual to ensure that it's NOT too easy. I'm not trying to have a go at you, but i've had my last car broken into twice and i've learnt from my mistake... the first mod I did to my Skyline was to put the best alarm that I could afford into it. If anyone can learn from this before it happens to them, then we've done a good deed. =-]

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I vote best alarm imobiliser avaliable .. driving the second most stolen vehicle after wrx's (which im sure will go down with the release of the new wrx - and place us number 1) I wouldnt trust anything else except a $1000 or close alarm + install .. I also wouldnt install with anyone except the most recommended .. Leon for sydney I think.. Also nothing beats low jack crap like kill switches and anti hi jack.

So just thought id mention that, No doubt most of us have our cars insured for purchace value, that means if you get your car nicked... your upgrades ussually arnt covered.

Good luck with retreving it, most are eventually found. Its unfortunate they take them to begin with.

wtf someone in a series 1 must have stolen it to do a series 2 conversion. or someone with a series 2 have of had front end dmg and looking for a free repair parts

anyways good luck, at least u found it

lucky you got it back mate. what a relief. to be honest if you can only afford one thing, make that one thing insurance. alarms and crap are mostly fairly useless and the are 100% useless if the theif has a tow truck. insurance is however 100% effective in getting your money back...

yeh ill keep that in mind insurance.. ill be 25 next year... insurance gets cheaper.. the car is missing whole interior how hard is it to install dash with air bags?

You'll keep it in mind?

Don't think about it, DO IT! Save yourself the heart-ache if this happens again...

Third party fire and theft would of got you $10k back for it if you never found it. Thats the least you can do. Atleast you'l get something back for it.

My car was uninsured for a little while, albeit with a very decent alarm system. Still.. had to be one of the most uncomfortable things.. Im still shit scared of leaving it places..

yeh ill make sure ill insure it from now on but its hard to justify the quotes going out these days from insurance companys compared to the cost of the car. anyways now i have the task of putting it together ill post some pics will need some advice on how to go on about it

yeh ill make sure ill insure it from now on but its hard to justify the quotes going out these days from insurance companys compared to the cost of the car. anyways now i have the task of putting it together ill post some pics will need some advice on how to go on about it

Compared to no car, in in some cases still making a car payment on the car that was stolen, it is very cheap.