SAU Community

how to deprussurise the fuel system (EG wheres the fuel filter fuse)

ScarifieR

If the ignition is not switched on I cannot see how the system is pressurized. The fuel pump must be working to do this. When changing the fuel filter, I suggest disconnecting the battery just to be safe. It is also wise to do it when there is not much fuel in your tank.

Good luck

i wouldn't stress too much.. i jsut pulled the hoses off, a bit of petrol sprayed places (which i later cleaned).. and clamped it back up..

Ran the car for a minute or so just idling, and it repressurises itself basically.

Whenever I change the fuel filter I just let the car sit overnight. ie, get home Friday night, then change the filter next morning or afternoon. There's never any pressure in the line, I just put a towel underneath to catch the stuff that drips out.

Don't be too worried about a hot engine igniting the petrol, it's actually a lot harder to ignite than you think. Especially premium fuel.

I work on a cold (or moderately warm) engine for my own safety, I've had more than enough burns due to a hot engine to learn my lesson.