SAU Community

Two.06l Update (twoogle)

yeah i know it was a joke, mine was just a little payback :)

that is actually not my car, its another simons garrett t04z with 0.84 rear stock capacity rb26, stock plenum and throttle boddies...

my car isnt making that much power yet because of a faulty trust bov leaking my boost, but went a very easy 420kw with problem. will be getting mine tuned again soon on some more boost (hopefully not escaping out the bov this time) and see how she goes but looking like it will be very similiar to this one

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i know it was a joke, mine was just a little payback :)

that is actually not my car, its another simons garrett t04z with 0.84 rear stock capacity rb26, stock plenum and throttle boddies...

my car isnt making that much power yet because of a faulty trust bov leaking my boost, but went a very easy 420kw with problem. will be getting mine tuned again soon on some more boost (hopefully not escaping out the bov this time) and see how she goes but looking like it will be very similiar to this one

T04Z's are a great turbo aren't they...i was almost going to go that route with ours. The torque curve on that graph is testament to their ability. But getting a little common now and we wanted to think outside the square as per usual. When i say "big single" im more refering to the T88, T51R, GT42 and GT45 brigade. The T04Z is more of a mid-range all rounder, and allows the owner a bit more flexibility with the usage of the car, street, circuit, drag etc. They also had the added feature of easily altering the rear housing to suit each application which is another plus for them.

hehe she's pretty mad (you wont see a torque curve like that with your big single)

ive love to give you a drive steve but that would be unfair to your underwear...lol

its an OS Giken 5 speed.

Hehehe

Would love to go for a ride in it (ill even wear a second pair of underwear for that :) )

Ill do my best to come see it at WSID ;)

T04Z's are a great turbo aren't they...i was almost going to go that route with ours. The torque curve on that graph is testament to their ability. But getting a little common now and we wanted to think outside the square as per usual. When i say "big single" im more refering to the T88, T51R, GT42 and GT45 brigade. The T04Z is more of a mid-range all rounder, and allows the owner a bit more flexibility with the usage of the car, street, circuit, drag etc. They also had the added feature of easily altering the rear housing to suit each application which is another plus for them.

yeah mine (t04z 0.84) seems to fit what i need very well... mostly street, soon to be a little drag and circuit

considering the build of my engine, no head porting, stock plenum, valves and throttle bodies getting over 20psi boost at about 3800rpm in 4th gear and looking like it will make 450rwkw fairly easily you cant go wrong.

still when people using t88's seem to be making just over 500rwkw compared with nearly 470rwkw from a z but with more than 1500rpm more lag, it seems a bit pointless to me to go "the big single"

the last time we raced it weighed 1474kg...without the 106kg driver...so a 398KW GTR to go 10.3 sec's weighing 1580kg with a synchro box is a fair achievement.

we have stripped some weight out of it since so it will be interesting to put it on the scales at the track next week.

unfortunately i still weigh over 100kg

Yeah, for sure, those figures dont lie. Good hp.

100kg....I can race it for you ;) Im 60 :whistling:

congrats :rofl:

I saw your car there on saturday with my mate adrian (he had a bit of a chat to you in his pretty lil I.S shirt :thumbsup: ). Saw it on the dyno too, had a bit of a giggle about black smoke ending up on the show cars :D

Car sure came with the goods :P

congrats :rofl:

I saw your car there on saturday with my mate adrian (he had a bit of a chat to you in his pretty lil I.S shirt :thumbsup: ). Saw it on the dyno too, had a bit of a giggle about black smoke ending up on the show cars :D

Car sure came with the goods :P

Yeah Jim had the tune really rich and a lot of unburnt fuel ended up out the exhaust pipe. A few "show" cars copped a bit of it...lol

350awkw @ 10psi on Saturday wasn't too shabby considering how rich it was.

seriously bushit power. one very eficant engine you got there. im clearly doing something wrong.....

376awkw on 1.6bar with t04z .84split rear. poncam 260/9.15 mild port job. (around the valve seat area) 90mm staight through exhaust. smc autronic 900cc injectors. should be making more??

seriously bushit power. one very eficant engine you got there. im clearly doing something wrong.....

376awkw on 1.6bar with t04z .84split rear. poncam 260/9.15 mild port job. (around the valve seat area) 90mm staight through exhaust. smc autronic 900cc injectors. should be making more??

Dave remember...the dyno is only a tuning tool...how does it feel on the road mate??

ours made the same power as before but the seat of the pants is telling me the cars are not even close to being alike.

am pushing thru massive amounts of exhaust with the 20B - and I have a 1.32 rear housing.

Sorry - thought you were referring to T04Z - compared to mine - ha ha

I reckon Paul is running a pretty funky compression ratio :D

haha tru tru. it feels the same but just fatter. goes alot better. still 375awkw aint bad. i think theres some power hiding in the valve lift or lack there of.

thats on the backburner now. as my route 6 gearset exploded.

haha tru tru. it feels the same but just fatter. goes alot better. still 375awkw aint bad. i think theres some power hiding in the valve lift or lack there of.

thats on the backburner now. as my route 6 gearset exploded.

Dropping the car off back at Croydon's tomm. for full tune and possibly fitting the Autronic ecu. If not fitting the Autronic ill run the car Wednesday night with the Power FC PRO fitted and use the two-step to get it off the line. Will be interesting to see what sort of numbers it will run. Ill be taking photo's/video's of dyno runs and drag runs too....stay tuned!

I went to the autosalon but i could not wait around all day for the best car at show to run so i missed out on the run.

Looks great and congrats on the win!!! Good to see a RB win a event :) woulda been different if Miss 2j ran... Anyone know what is up there? =)