SAU Community

Hypergear Turbos?

lukeybaby

im just about to apply one on my rb20det.. 32 skyline GTST4.. its the KR43 high flow(500HP) mods to go with z32AFM, GTR 440cc injectors and will be external gated through their brand 38mm wastegate.. also highmounted manifold..

gonna run it on a dual stage boost controller prob low(11) and high(16) with a new custom clutch to handle new power and take offs :)

im hoping this will be done next week.. new tyres this week then its goin to be done for sure

chris

Ive got a mate who just bought one and currently in the process of fitting it up to his CA...after looking at it the quality seems really good, as for driveablity no idea, but they seem to look like alright turbos...

Maybe also search on NS, alot of people with 32s use them on there as well.

They seem like an alright turbo for the price. Like femno said, there is a few NS.com boys running them on there cars, seem to go alright.

Personally, I wouldn't go for one being only oil cooled. I'd prefer something thats oil and water cooler.

Would prefer to get an RB25 turbo high flowed for that price, maybe GCG or someone similar.

Edited by abu

interested to know how these things go. Personally i am very opinionated about using a trusted brand turbo charger on my car.

1# its the cars main source of power increase

2# what if the hyper gear decides to spit turbine blades into your engine?

Also like abu said, oil cooled only. When you think about it, you wont pay too much extra for something out of the garrett or hks range when you know you can expect good quality and performance and feel comfortable about it.

Dont get me wrong, these turbo's might actually be the goods... but i dont know anyone who has had experience with them yet so id be a little weary at first, thats all.

interested to know how these things go. Personally i am very opinionated about using a trusted brand turbo charger on my car.

1# its the cars main source of power increase

2# what if the hyper gear decides to spit turbine blades into your engine?

Also like abu said, oil cooled only. When you think about it, you wont pay too much extra for something out of the garrett or hks range when you know you can expect good quality and performance and feel comfortable about it.

Dont get me wrong, these turbo's might actually be the goods... but i dont know anyone who has had experience with them yet so id be a little weary at first, thats all.

Yep thats pretty much it. In the end there not proven, nor are they some big brand turbo which you expect a minimum result from.

For a little extra, and I mean not a great deal more you could get a GARRETT GTRS or something similar, which is an awesome turbo.

I am now looking at HKS/GARRETT replacement instead of a high flow alternative, in the end I am willing to pay that extra few hundred for a proven good brand turbo that will show/has shown results.