SAU Community

official position

Guest Boxhead

Guest Boxhead

ok guys, i have seen the NSW guys have official positions, but what do they g et out of it.. for eg, prank.. what do you get out of being president?

a sack load of cash bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

ahahahaha..................bahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.....

jk hehehe

presidential positions and vice pres are usually for organising events such as track days, dyno's, meets, etc. also if a member has an idea for a meet such as a cruise, they would usually go through the president or vice and get them to tell everyone bout it.

then there's treasurer's who are just in it for the money,.......bahahahahhaahhahhhahahahahahahahahahahahaha......so they take care of the membership payments and could also collect money for hiring out tracks and stuff.

then theres other people who i cant think of atm

guys.. the club has been set up as a non profit organisation.. we have to be supply all account details to any member and be auditable at any point.. Any withdrawls from club account needs at least 2 of Pranks, Myself's, Red900s or Onarun's signatures to withdrawl doshish..

all we get out of our positions is giving up so many hours running these forums, replying to these messages.. reading boring department of fair trading rules.. brain dead cams registrations forums.. organising crap.. and yes we do it for free in our own time.. while juggling full time jobs (part time uni in my case) and gf's..

We do it for the love of the club and bring a place to meet for u guys.. simple as that :)

now in saying that.. i have no life and i love u guys :)

Originally posted by URMINE

now in saying that.. i have no life and i love u guys :)

we love you to urine.

being in one of these "official position" seems like a bit of a ***** to me, but some one has to do it to keep Nismo happy LOL

Hi Guys,

As Paul said, it takes a lot of our time at the moment and will continue to do so, we get nothing in return except the satisfaction of starting something like this (and it is very satisfying to see how far this has come so far).

I tried to get "prank tax" through the board of admins whereas i get $10 from every membership fee, but they weren't too keen on the idea.

Keep these questions coming and lets try to keep these replys semi serious!!

Christian

Originally posted by doxximus

presidential positions and vice pres are usually for organising events such as track days, dyno's, meets, etc. also if a member has an idea for a meet such as a cruise, they would usually go through the president or vice and get them to tell everyone bout it.  

then there's treasurer's who are just in it for the money,.......bahahahahhaahhahhhahahahahahahahahahahahaha......so they take care of the membership payments and could also collect money for hiring out tracks and stuff.

then theres other people who i cant think of atm

Everyone forgets about the Secretary :D

I get to serve tea and coffee and bikkies to the Pres cos he's GOD :lol:

JOKING!!!! :shake:

hahaha secretary is one of the important ones as they take down minutes of the meetings and stuff

we will never forget u shell.....unless..we actualy do forget u.....but......ok ebough '....'

• 2 weeks later...

I was Club Secretary and Treasurer of the (now defunct) NSW SVD owners club and I can tell you, even with about 40 regular members, it is a very hard and thankless job.

Well down to the people who have stood up and taken the position, I don't envy you, but you have my respect and support.

Yeah, I set up the SVD yahoogroups mailing list and tried to get as many people to use it as possible. For a while there it was looking pretty promising, but a lack of enthusiasm by most members saw it (and the club) slowly turn into just a group of mates who went for cruises etc. We tried a couple of times to get a full website happening, but it just never enventuated, and that's why you have my full support for this venture as I know how hard they are to keep up and running and keep people interested.

I really only visit two Forums regulary - Performance Forums and now now Skylines Australia.

PS, once the club is all up and running, I'll have a chat to you about getting the club some sponsor contacts for discounts etc that were very helpful with the SVD club.

Cheers

Jason